anyone used BBK pullies - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

anyone used BBK pullies

on a Bird?

See them everywhere for sale and I haven't gotten my pullies in the mail yet.

Just curious.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 03:42 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to WaLieN
I'm pretty sure BBK uses the stock balancer, which can be a PITA to intall. If you want an easy route, get the ones from Steeda. I hear they're really easy to install.

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 06:34 AM
Automatic Weapon

I have the aluminum BBKs....buy the Steeda pulleys!!!!!

<----not throwing rocks at girls anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 07:03 AM
6th Gear Poster

If you have a problem on install UD pulleys, then get the cheap-o March ones, and with the rest of the money that'd you spend on the Steeda ones, have some one install it for you. It shouldn't be more than $100 to install.

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

How did your Steedas go? I am getting those instead .

Mike
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:09 AM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by MZ-Bird
How did your Steedas go? I am getting those instead .

Mike
We'll find out this weekend, when I have enough money to buy a new gatorback belt and some gasket maker.

BTW, try to snag a deal on ebay... keyword "Steeda Underdrive" and just look for the 1996-2001 pulleys.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

You could also get the FRPP kit. It too has a new crank pully WITH balencer (no piggy back)

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

where and how much do the FRRP's go for?

thanks,
Mike

Is it in the catalog?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

having trouble finding the FRRP set with the balancer.

help!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:09 PM
Slacks 12 months a year
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LX-Tasy
Here is another one....

ASP has the balancer with the pulley.I paid 145 to my door for the bottom alone for my Mark VIII.The guy that bought the car fixed the motor and doesnt want the lower pulley so he said I could have it back if I wanted it,of course YES I am getting it back.Was over at a friends house and he had a Blue set of aluminim underdrives there and gave them to me.So with the crank pulley I bought months ago and the two other pulleys I just got, I have underdrives now.I am happy.
Does anyone know who makes the Blue Aluminum underdrives?
Thanks,
Chris
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 06:18 AM
6th Gear Poster

Re: Here is another one....

Quote:
Originally posted by LX-Tasy
ASP has the balancer with the pulley.I paid 145 to my door for the bottom alone for my Mark VIII.The guy that bought the car fixed the motor and doesnt want the lower pulley so he said I could have it back if I wanted it,of course YES I am getting it back.Was over at a friends house and he had a Blue set of aluminim underdrives there and gave them to me.So with the crank pulley I bought months ago and the two other pulleys I just got, I have underdrives now.I am happy.
Does anyone know who makes the Blue Aluminum underdrives?
Thanks,
Chris
I don't know of any companies that make blue ones for us, but Saleen does make some chrome ones.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Sheepish

Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe Send a message via Yahoo to AverageJoe
I'ev seen the blue underdrive pullies too. Saw them at a little mustang performance stand in our mall once. I thought they were Steeda since everything else those guys were selling was Steeda. Guess I'm wrong?

B Team - More skill, more results. A is only a starting point before progressing to B.

Member of the 'B-Team'. Finishing jobs the 'A-Team' can't handle.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 02:46 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by AverageJoe
I'ev seen the blue underdrive pullies too. Saw them at a little mustang performance stand in our mall once. I thought they were Steeda since everything else those guys were selling was Steeda. Guess I'm wrong?
Maybe the 5.0 ones are blue from Steeda, but mines are just plain black.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in