Major Fuel Problem...HELP!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to jgersin04 Send a message via Yahoo to jgersin04
Angry Major Fuel Problem...HELP!!!

ok guys i have a serious problem...i just put in 18 gallons of gas and after only 69 miles i am down to a 1/4 tank. my car has had a ruff idle, and the right exhaust has been blowing major exhaust but the left side is working fine...at one point my fuel injector on cylinder 2 was bad but i replaced it...my cadellic coverter was cracked and i replaced the exhaust with true duals...i also added new sparkplugs and wires. i also got a code where it said that the MAF sensor was bad. could that make a major difference in my situation. well i have one here and i am putting it in tonight. what the hell is going on with my car. i cant figure it out...does anyone have any ideas? i am thinking maybe a valve is sticking or bad....i am not sure..anything advice would be nice.

1994 Ford Thundbird LX 4.6L V-8 OHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 03:33 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to WaLieN
Well, it could be a number of things. If you have tamper proof torx bits, then you can try cleaning your existing MAF out. That might help. Try that, before you install the other maf.

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Poster

if your maf is bad then the comp is probubly shooting a lot of gas into your car (rich)making ur fuel effecincy go down. DONT BE SUPRISED my car runs fine and when i beat on it i only get 50 miles to a 1/4 tank so dont feel bad i once got 300 miles to the tank and then i once got 100 miles to the tank so dont go too nutty. do u have a aftermarket maf? if not then its prob ur old one and it should be cleaned. clean the wires very gently affter going to a auto shop to get anti tamper torx bits. just take a q tip with alchohol on it and GENTLY o i said GENTLY clean the 2 wires and se eif that helps if not have ur chip\comp reprogramed by jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear Poster

So what is a decent gas milage to get on a 4.6 tbird?

I have no mods (yet...) but accelerating quite aggressively, and get about 17mpg.
One time I let my father drive it, highway only, cruisecontrol on 70, and he got 25mpg, so I guess it is possible to get anything over 20.

What's the average gasmileage you guys get? And how do performance mods influence this?

Ivo
('97 3.8l v6 Tbird) (was: 4.6l v8 )
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Mushroom Stamp Layer

25mpg highway
vary 18mpg-11mpg city

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in