whats the difference between a teskid block and the wap block? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

whats the difference between a teksid block and the wap block?

Whats the difference between a teksid block and a wap block?

Last edited by rviera5; 07-07-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: mispelled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to RobertP
Well I see you are in North Carolina also, we'll there both aluminum and about 80 lbs lighter than your cast block, the teksid uses jack shaft screws on the side main bolts were the wap bolts the cap up against the block, they will both handle plenty of power some say the teksid is better, I persanolly ran the wap block with 735 rwhp thru an auto so it all depends on what u after, I'm switching to a boss block which is a iron block but I'm shooting for 800 plus rwhp and plan on doing it reliable instead of balls to the wall

www.robstireandauto.com for all your car needs and parts
95 bird corn powered 735rwhp and 580 tq
86 bird vortech s trim
10.75 @128.38
95 bird - Vortech t trim
9.98 worlds fastest IRS 4.6 thunderbird
1/8 [email protected]
10.11 @ 139.19 best mph
1.47 best 60ft if I can get a full pass with this 60ftt
All made possible with Braincoating'™s ported manifolds
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviera5 View Post
Whats the difference between a teskid block and a wap block?
PM Replied to.

I'll post a copy here for all to see:

The WAP (Windsor Aluminum Plant) block is newer than the Teksid (built from 1993 to 1999).

Just a word about spelling; don't transpose the S and the K - it's a common mistake. It's spelled teksid not teskid.

There's a great explanation of the differences and other information at the link below.

According to Sean Hyland: The Teksid block is the strongest production aluminum case available and is the ideal block for builds above 900 HP. The WAP block is suitable for builds up to about 600 HP. But, as Rob said, you can run them over 700 RWHP.

http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/co...ap-blocks.811/

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
the 05+ WAPs used in the 05+ 4.6 Mustangs and aluminator engines are even stronger than the Teksid. There's little worry of splitting a 01-04 WAP block though. The internals will fail first 99% of the time.

IMO Much of the reason the WAP is considered weaker is that SVT used an iron block in the terminator instead of the WAP used in the 01 Cobras/Mach 1. Most speculated that the WAP was too weak for it, and I believe SVT even perpetuated that rumor. These days I think it was less of a strength issue than it was a fitment issue. The 03 Cobras Eaton will not physically fit a WAP block due to the knock sensor bosses. Those need to be ground down for the lower intake to fit on eaton swap cars. Plus with the slew of other semi exotic parts on it, it's cheaper to produce a cast iron block than aluminum which would have made the car slightly more profitable.

-Matt

Last edited by XR7-4.6; 07-06-2013 at 11:44 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

thanks

thanks for everyone feedback. this may be a dumb question but what years would I be able to find the wap blocks and or the teksid blocks?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I got to read the pi swap article again I think I only got to swap over a couple of things.
Read the PI swap article again for where to find WAP blocks.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=94152

Quote:
thanks for everyone feedback. this may be a dumb question but what years would I be able to find the wap blocks and or the teksid blocks?
The Teksid blocks can be sourced from Lincoln Mark VIII's. I listed the dates of mfg. for the Teksid blocks in the post above. Time for you to do some homework.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 AM
PostWhore

Good to know the 05+ WAP blocks are stronger then teksid
What i used in my mustang build.

1995 Tbird ~ 02 explorer SVO 4.6 Sold
1986 built/restored notch body mustang ~ appears as a 91+ built 5.0 gt40p, Ud pullies, ss headers, msd everything, arp head bolts, 1.7 crane roller rockers, B303 cam, Holley carb, high rise intake,5 speed, steeda everything. Sold
2001 GT BULLITT #00762 stock
2000 GT ~ 310 rwhp on mustang dyno. 08 2v, super low miles, comp 262 cams, bbk ud pullies, ported bullitt intake/accufab TB, 24# injectors, dyno tuned, 3inch pypes catless x pipe system, cobra brakes, coated cross & drilled rotors, Cobra r hood, 99-01 cobra front bumper, & 01-04 side scoops, dropped
2003 z71 avalanche fully loaded
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

thanks I got it now.did my research.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in