4Likes
  • 1 Post By drew96dawg
  • 2 Post By V8ThunderCat
  • 1 Post By CDsDontBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Got my new bird :D

Yesterday, I purchased my third and nicest thunderbird so far. It's a 94 v8 car. I was lucky enough to find one that had gone from one order gentleman to his neighbor. The car has about 60k on it and I paid 1800. I'm happy with my purchase so far. I will try getting pics up today.
Woodman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:25 AM
PostWhore

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal. Post up some pics.

Al

97 T-Bird LX 4.6 - 80k miles
94 Supra TT Auto - street/strip car
04 CVPI- Brenda's car - 76k miles
Previous Fords:
95 T-Bird LX 4.6 - fully optioned, owned 15 years, 220k miles
96 Cougar XR-7 4.6- Brenda's car, owned 11 years, 187k miles
88 T-Bird 3.8 - first T-Bird, owned 5 years, 206k miles
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

I'll post pics when I get it washed up, but I have a question for some of you vets. When I start the car ito idles normally at about 750. Once I put it in park or neutral anytime after that it idles at 1100rpm.

Last edited by drew96dawg; 03-14-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 PM
PostWhore

Congrats! I love seeing that there are more than just a few low mileage MN-12's around! Hopefully I can get one soon too but I don't mind my beater.

-Randy-
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Just be patient and the perfect car for you will come along just like mine did, I've been searching for over a year. I had my pearl white v6 stolen and the radio stolen, Windows busted out, no trans or brakes. The best quote I got on a transmission was 1750 plus a tow. I couldn't see myself spending 3-4000 on a 160k mile 3.8. It will probably be for spare parts.

Last edited by drew96dawg; 03-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM
PostWhore

Which is why I like being handy with tools because I'd so much rather spend $600-800 on a tranny or engine. My parents think I'm crazy for keeping this car but I'd rather fix things as I go instead of spending $300 per month on car payments. They don't realize how much money I'm saving.
CDsDontBurn and Tbird Bob like this.

-Randy-
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

I feel the same way, why sign your life away for the next 3 to 7 years on an untested vehicle? I would rather spend a couple of thousand on a a model that I know is reliable.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 10:21 AM

I also have a '94 LX 4.6L...V-8 baby! I LOVE MY CAR! It is so fast and reliable and it's MINE! If and when it ever goes down for the final count...I will never junk it..I will park it in my yard, get awesome sound system and make it my STEREO SHRINE...A TRIBUTE TO THE GLORY DAYS!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmellfischy View Post
I also have a '94 LX 4.6L...V-8 baby! I LOVE MY CAR! It is so fast and reliable and it's MINE! If and when it ever goes down for the final count...I will never junk it..I will park it in my yard, get awesome sound system and make it my STEREO SHRINE...A TRIBUTE TO THE GLORY DAYS!
Sounds like a plan!! I plan to fix my trashed v6 bird and turn it to something more useful than yard art
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:05 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ThunderCat View Post
Which is why I like being handy with tools because I'd so much rather spend $600-800 on a tranny or engine. My parents think I'm crazy for keeping this car but I'd rather fix things as I go instead of spending $300 per month on car payments. They don't realize how much money I'm saving.
Don't forget the routine maintenance that all cars need on top of these monthly payments. Then, there's the extra money you have to pay the insurance company because it's a new(er) car.
V8ThunderCat likes this.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 05:29 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
Don't forget the routine maintenance that all cars need on top of these monthly payments. Then, there's the extra money you have to pay the insurance company because it's a new(er) car.
My points exactly! To my parents though it's worth it. They don't understand that now that I'm a college kid I can't just get a job making that much money and still get my school work done along with the school band things I have to do. Even if the dealership covered routine maintenance for a year or more I'd still be way too much underwater.

-Randy-
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM
PostWhore

I only got a new car (the Taurus) because I had to for my family. I'm going to have to get a truck sometime in the future, but I'll try not to buy a new one if I can help it.

I totally agree with you though. I'm perfectly content with my two older cars, my Bird and my Accord, as they are both mine and I can wrench on both of them (at separate times preferably, lol) if something were to happen. My Accord is down right now, and it needs ~$400 in parts. That's really the only "real" money I'll have spent on her in the last 3 years or so outside of routine maintenance. My T-Bird, I spent something around $700 on her when she was down, but I didn't plunk all that coin down in one fell swoop....granted, it was all for the same job, LOL.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 07:26 PM
PostWhore

While I do need a pickup for my side business I'd much rather save my money and buy a cheap one. I don't feel like paying interest or making payments on anything without a warranty.

-Randy-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in