Code gone. Those who may read this later with similar issues, here is what I did/found:
-the above stated DPFE voltages are fine
-while the EGR valve was clean and operating, the port within the plenum was clogged ~30% with carbon...cleaned that out and cleaned the EGR valve again and installed a new gasket (cleaned the whole plenum while it was off)
-IAC valve tested fine but I cleaned it and installed a new gasket
-the EGR vacuum solenoid tested fine but the filter was pretty dirty and there was a bit of dirt within the body itself...cleaned
-all the vacuum lines are <1yr old but I removed all of them related to the EGR and the relating tubes, pipes, hard lines, resonator, etc and cleaned them
This did the trick. The clogged plenum port, EGR tube orifices (see previous msg), and dirty vacuum solenoid filter were the likely issue...not the DPFE. $6 in gaskets and an afternoon of time.
Side note: Additionally, I found the idle bypass port on the TB was clogged so I removed the screw and cleaned it all out. (Count the turns out on removal to make "tuning" back easier and NO this is not the TB stop screw for the butterfly). Installed a new gasket. This was likely the cause of some of my slight idling issues (they were too mild to worry about).