1995 Cougar Jet VI.

348 RWHP
349 RWTQ

No times yet.

Racing soon.
Bradenton NMRA race, March 4-6, 2017.

#9 ·
Old numbers were 323 hp, 327 tq.

TFS intake, TFS heads, 90mm maf, 3.5" intake tube, 75 mm throttle body (too small), Bullet custom cams, 12.5/1 comp ratio,
big bore/stroker 5.3 Liter, Eagle crank, eagle rods, SHM 1 7/8"-3" long tubes, 4500 stall converter, 4:56 gears. E-85 for fuel.

This has been running since April 2015, but there were issues with the tune, then life got in the
way last year, FIL had open heart surgery and cancer surgery, recovery was eight months in my house.

Now waiting for the season opener in Bradenton.

I'm looking to buy a F350 to tow the heap.

I can post pictures on TCCOA FB in the morning.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
#10 ·
Congrats on the new numbers Rick! Set up looks really good to get to those 11's NA.

Sounds Like you had a year about the same as my last 2+. Hope you are getting along better now. Waiting on my appointment Thursday to see if I have to have additional surgery on my neck and shoulder.

Hoping I can get all this stuff done, back to work and get this car back together.

Good Luck at Brandenton. We'll be pulling for you!

#12 ·
Congrats!

Al

#13 ·
Saw you on the live feed saturday morning during a time run. You were running one of the brackets, correct?

#14 ·
Congrats rick!!

Yeah Chris, running Mod Motor Class where I ran.

Good job Rick. Maybe better to come with some tweaking.

#15 · (Edited)
Why was this car entered as a stock eliminator car in Bradenton?

You sir are the most blatant cheater I have ever seen in my life. You should be completely ashamed of yourself for running such a cheated up car and stealing the #1 qualifying position.

Illegal intake
Illegal heads
Illegal MAF
Illegal intake tube
Illegal throttle body
Illegal cams if they have any more than .472/.473 valve lift and I bet they do
Illegal pistons
Illegal bore size
Illegal stroke length
Illegal crankshaft

And that's just what you've admitted to in this thread, there is likely still more.

Anyone that knows anything about stock eliminator knows how blatantly illegal you are. To be a legal stocker you'd have to have the unmodified 94-95 intake manifold and throttle body on there. You'd have to have all the stock inlet tube and airbox, or you could remove it but you can't replace it with anything else. You'd have to have the original cylinder heads and no porting, only a good valve job and minimal decking to get to the minimum chamber volume. You'd have to have the stock pistons or one of the 3 approved replacements that DO NOT raise the compression ratio. You can't have a stroker, you can't have the bore size that large, there is no approved aftermarket crankshaft. Cams can't have any more lift than stock. There is no way in hell a legal 4.6 Cougar stocker is going to run anywhere remotely what you ran. CHEATER!

#17 ·
I'm glad you edited that before I did.

Really Rick? For one thing I can't believe the race officials let you get away with that; on the other hand why did you even enter a class you clearly weren't qualified for?

I'd really like to hear your side of what happened out there.

#18 ·
There were no rules, just enter in the class the car fits.

My cougar fit into O/SA.

That's the class I ran.

Danner is being nonplussed.

The reason is lost me.

After all, it was just an expensive bracket race.

Tech was a normal safety inspection and a look under the hood to make sure it was a Mercury engine in a Mercury body of the correct year.

My opinion, he owes me an apology or should be banned.

If that doesn't happen, then we all know the kind of person we are dealing with.

Rick

Quickest and fastest N/A Modular MN-12.

#19 · (Edited)
Your car doesn't even BEGIN to fit O/SA! Had there been another O/SA car paired with you it wouldn't have been a bracket race, it would have been a heads up run against you and your CHEATER CAR!

I know what kind of person YOU are, a CHEATER!

You wouldn't have the nerve to try and enter it as an O/SA car at an NHRA event because you know you'd get caught there!

http://www.nmcadigital.com/dl/rules/sss.pdf

"All rules and classification will be based off the current year NHRA and IHRA rules and classification guide with the exception of; Fuel Check will not be a technical requirement. "

"No modifications, which alter the car from factory stock, are permitted unless they are specifically allowed in NHRA/IHRA rules, or as authorized by the NMCA rules committee."

"Note: It is ultimately the competitor’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the NMCA class requirements as well as all NHRA safety requirements. The competitor agrees they bear the ultimate responsibility when it comes to safety and how it complies with the NMRA and NHRA rule books"

#21 ·
This is why people care about this kind of thing:

" I think it will end up a six figure cost by the time I am done. ... It's a special group of dedicated people who race those cars. You might even say we are nuts for spending that much to not go any faster than we do."

Copied from a different forum, as an explanation for those unfamiliar with the rules.

The rules for this class are very restrictive; My BIL with his 503cu in heavily modded 68 Camaro would LOVE to run this class, lol.
He has to run in a modified class, by the rules, as that engine never came in that car, lol. (by a lot of years... :) :)

I don't want to take sides, as I am not a current NHRA member. But there is an ethics section, last I checked.

#22 ·
What have you done in the past four years to benefit the MN12 world ?

Other that be a cyber bully.

I cab enter any NHRA, NMCA class I want.

I run NMCA due to how the rules are structured.

Bring out your thunderbird to any of the next NMCA races or SU.

I'll be in Atlanta with the same car.

Are you upset because they don't listen to you on classracer, your dime rocket suggestion.

Quickest and fastest Modular MN12.

I do have another COugar, thats much slower, fits Q nicely.

Stop hyperventilating and take your mustang to the track

#23 ·
You're a cheater. You know your car is illegal as hell and that there is no defending it. So instead you can only insult. Well you can throw all the insults you want. That still won't make you not a cheater.

#25 ·
Not liking this...

I'm not going to get into this much except to say there was NEVER a 5.3 Put in any STOCK Ford/Mercury car of any kind. As far as the stock classifications of the NHRA NMRA or Factory Stock classes they all have their rules and what is allowed. a 4.6 is a 4.6, a 5.0 is a 5.0 and 350 is a 350 etc. A 5.3 is NOT a 4.6. That's why they set those rules. Whatever came in the car initially.

An actual Stock NHRA class can and will make you pull the engine, do a teardown and do measurements on heads, parts, block etc if its questioned by anyone, especially if its a winning car or new record holder. Its thrown out if it doesn't qualify.

That being said, Your car with the built 5.3 runs really well Rick, BUT its not a 4.6. definitely not a STOCK 4.6. I'm not hating, its just a fact. Quickest built NA 5.3 car yes, no question. Quickest NA 4.6 no. As I've said before apples to oranges.

Danner is right on this regardless, if it was a stock class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.