hesitation only when cold - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Exclamation hesitation only when cold

ok this is getting frustrating. when it is cold as in below 70's like 68 or so. when I first start my cougar it will have a sputter and hestitation. when I let it sit run for 3 minutes it will run amazing as it always have. I already did the tune up and wires replaced the iac and the iat sensors as well as the temp sensors. still does it. I am stumped. it runs amazing before and after the intake swap. it is a 95 the original intake manifold became a boat anchor when the thermostat housing desided it had enough. it did have a little hesitation before the swap I thought it was the iac and the egr again because those two were notorious on clouging up.

sorry for the miss spelled words some words I am horrible on spelling. don't know why but I always have.

but now it is getting redundant. granted I just put on a new tps on it just to see if it was that. but it still does it but not as bad. I also notice that when I bumped the shifter it would run normally would. I am not sure if the range/nutral safety switch is going bad or I am not sure.

granted I have the ford racing wires with the motorcraft coils with a mustang upper plenum with the stock throttle body. runs great when it is hot out side but ever so often it would hesitate even then. did I over look the maf. that is stock I replaced it once back in 2002. would that get dirty or make it act. with a hesitation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:26 PM
5th Gear Poster

Sounds like coils. How old are they?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in