96' 4.6 performance issues codes 1443, 0420, 0430 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

96' 4.6 performance issues codes 1443, 0420, 0430

Men any ideas?

Have been running my 96 4.6 with the MIL light on for past 20k mile and codes 1443, 0430,0420 have been the only ones showing up on the OBDII. Car runs good.

Was planning to work on her this weekend and install a new PI intake and injectors, and check the fuel pump installation because after I had it replaced when I was stuck away from home, I get some gas vapors and even a little gas leaking when fully topped off. I am thinking that maybe i need to put a new gasket and locking ring as well check the vent hose.

This week the first cold snap of 20 degrees in CT and I start the car, its driving fine as usual AND the MIL light is OFF. Humm I say. Check the OBDII get the codes 1443, 0430,0420 as usual.

So I clear the codes and now 500 miles later, multiple starts and stop, still NO MIL light, ready on all 7 diagnostics, OBDII says all systems good to go. Car still running good as usual.

This weekend and Monday, I'm fortunate to have few days off and the use of a friends garage.

I know the fuel vapor smell is a bad sign and worth dropping the tank for the inspection, and but I want to do the intake swap because I have signs of some water into cylinder 4 on the spark plug gap.

I"d like to "fix" what the underlying cause of the MIL having been on if its not just a glitchy computer issue.

Does anyone have an idea of what might have caused this Miracle cure?

The only thing which hasn't been change is the EGR pressure sensor and possibly a vac line to it.

Thank, Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:46 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Searching google by using:

p1443 code site:TCCOA.com

Will bring you to here:

https://forums.tccoa.com/7-engine-4-...20-0430-a.html

EDIT: I see we gave you the Exact same advice in a thread with exactly the same title.

Are you Trolling?

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote

Last edited by Grog6; 11-25-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in