where is my egr valve regulator sensor located - TCCoA Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By theterminator93

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
where is my egr valve regulator sensor located

I have a 1994 4.6 cougar and im pulling up an error code p0171 and im hoping its my egr valve regulator sensor (DPFE) and not the needing to replace the egr valve because ive heard its a pita. the only thing I see that would be close is a sensor close to the vacuum can by the front passenger bumper with two hoses going to it and a plug but it doesn't look like the one im seeing online. Im seeing that its on the firewall and its silver but I don't see it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks
cr

XR7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
P0171 is lean bank 1 (passenger side). Most likely cause is a vacuum leak. Check all the rubber vacuum hoses for dry rot and cracking including the ones leading to and in the fenderwell for the EVAP canister. You may also want to consider cleaning the MAF sensor as a dirty sensor can also cause skewed fuel trims.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 161k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 155k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:30 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Garage
I'm pretty sure you have the same issue I did. I think what your looking for is actually on the back of your throttle body between the firewall and the intake manifold. It's a real bitch to get too. When it went bad my car did strange things. I just disconnected it, 17,000 miles ago and it's still disconnected to this day. Finger can reach one clip release on one side a large flat blade screwdriver got the other side for me. Pressed the two together and the connector backed out. Check and see if I'm not right. I do have an engine light but the car runs fine.

Mr.Thunderbird

Tags
1994 , 4.6 , dpfe , egr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in