'97 truck heads fit '95 bird intake?! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
Unhappy '97 truck heads fit '95 bird intake?!

I have put a set of '97 truck heads on my car with PI cams. I tried to put on my aluminum intake, but on the rear passenger side of the intake...there seems to be a water jacket that isn't covered. Does this cause problems? Thanks
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

All of the modular heads are like that on the rear of the passenger side.They use the same casting for both sides,and plug the holes for the tensioners,and other oil passages that are not used when that side faces the rear.
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
Talking

Thanks man. I looked at it closer (and in the light) and noticed that the "thermostat" hole didn't go into the block in the rear. The car seems to be a bit more powerful, although I'm still breaking it in, slips a little more in town with the Mark converter. I switched to a '97 junkyard block and didn't even think about oil pan differences. The engine came out of a Vic, Marquis...something like that and its alot taller than the Bird pan. I had to modify the engine mounts, adding washers to make it 1/2" higher so the pan wouldnt sit on the frame. I'm still working out the small bugs (small leak where I gutted the intake elbow as per J.Miller and RichardM and an A/C fitting leak), but other than that...I'm very happy with the rebuild. Aren't you rebuilding yours?
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in