Looking for help translating a code... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 AM
ice_nyne

Looking for help translating a code...

Since I am in the people's republic of California, where the auto dealership industry has ganged up and forced the state government to outlaw free code checking at Auto Zone or Pep Boys, (what happened to the free marketplace?) I need your help. I talked a guy at Auto Zone into reading a code for me. I told him to just give me the code, not what the code means, so that "my mind would be at ease that it's not a short in the system." I guess the guy figured it was okay to do this since I'd have no way of translating the code.

Can anybody with a book tell me what P1443 is? That's what is coming up.

BTW - for you California motorists, Auto Zone told me that although they are prohibited from reading codes, they never had their equipment confiscated or destroyed. In the future maybe you can talk one of your friendly neighborhood AZ guys into reading a code as well.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 09:36 AM
ice_nyne

Cancel that. Found an in-depth posting by Iron Chopz with exploded detail and everything.

People with flatbed scanners - now they are the saviors of this site!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in