What about... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

What about...

a rear-mount turbocharger setup? I've seen some of these for Camaros and the like, sometimes it's called a remote setup or something like that. since there's not much room in the MN12 engine bay, why not one of these? you could even go twin turbo with dual exhaust! then again, maybe it's a lot more work than it seems. It would be pretty sweet though. The engine would still look stock except for maybe a CAI type intake, it'd be a good sleeper look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Quote:
Originally posted by SloMo228
a rear-mount turbocharger setup? I've seen some of these for Camaros and the like, sometimes it's called a remote setup or something like that. since there's not much room in the MN12 engine bay, why not one of these? you could even go twin turbo with dual exhaust! then again, maybe it's a lot more work than it seems. It would be pretty sweet though. The engine would still look stock except for maybe a CAI type intake, it'd be a good sleeper look

Do it then and lets us see it. It has been discused alot.

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I'm really considering it seriously. It'd be at least a year away in my budget, though. Plus I need to read up and see what all I need. I don't know squat about turbos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
You don't know squat about turbos and you want to put a turbo in your car?? Damn, you better start reading alot then. There is more than just putting the turbo and thats it. Fuel system needs to be upgraded, forged internals and bore the engine is a MUST if not then say bye bye to engine in mmmmmm.. less than 2 years?? , tranny upgrade, large injectors, TUNNING, IC, BOV, DS, TC (included in tranny), cooler, suspension upgrade, piping, gauges, boost controller and little things here and there, and more stuff that I am forgeting, buy hey, if you have the money, time and patience to do it, go for it dude. Oh, one more thing, it will take twice as much more time that you have anticipated and the be prepared to have more money in your piggy bank, because we all screw up and need to fix does screw ups. Good Luck!

P.S. Don't forget your compression ratio you don't want it high

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
You don't know squat about turbos and you want to put a turbo in your car??
yeah, that's pretty much the way I've been going at my car lately, just kinda jumping in before I test the waters. But with something like a turbo that has the chance to blow up my engine, I'll make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before I start. But it's kind of a pipe dream right now... I'm 18 and headed off to college and I don't have much money. This summer's going to be kinda like the last mad grab, I'm gonna be workin my @ss off earning money to pile up the mods and put em in. I have a big list before I get to any kind of forced induction... I'm pointing my car in more of an autocross direction, though, so I may end up just forgetting about it.

Quote:
if you have the money, time and patience to do it, go for it dude
Well I have patience... one out of three ain't bad!

Thanks for the info though, I usually need someone a little more levelheaded than I am to get me thinking more logically and start planning things out...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in