thinking nitrous - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
thinking nitrous

ok, well, i want to get a 125 shot on my car, for the track, and saefly shoot my stock bottom end for a while, would, 24#'ers, a chip, a fuel pressure regulator, 255lph pump, an rpm window switch for the nitrous, so it only sprays at rpms above 3500, and some other nitrous goodies of coarse, would this be safe

and the other stuff that goes unsaid, driveshaft upgrade, signifigant tranny cooling, maybe even upgraded axles

for people that have nitrous shots, is my getup safe, steve, im also looking for input from you, as i dont know what your setup was, like injector wise and all, and how you shot your nitrous

o i did search for "nitrous" threw this forum just to let people know who think this is an obvious answer question, im just curious before seting my hopes for this 125 shot and then finding out its not a good idea

1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 LX - SC wheels, enlarged rear sway bar, full sound system, cut mufflers, PST 1 1/8" rear bar, Eibachs, Mark 8 LCA's, Al housed 3.55 gearset, cut mufflers
2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i - BMS Stage 1, Cut Muffler
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L-Her stock DD
1984 Ford F250 6.9 IDIT - head studs in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
o and, wet or dry shot, whats good for my engine, as it sits longblock wise right now

1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 LX - SC wheels, enlarged rear sway bar, full sound system, cut mufflers, PST 1 1/8" rear bar, Eibachs, Mark 8 LCA's, Al housed 3.55 gearset, cut mufflers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
get the zex kit and don't go above 75 shot. Don't worry about the axles/shaft you won't be making enough power to break either. Get a flip tune to pull timing out when you are spraying and tighten your plug gap.

JH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
well im talking for down the road, im going to play around before i jump to such a big shot like that, o yeah, forgot to add, stock converter, replace it with a better one

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

You've been hearing about Joel blowing intakes, right? that is a wet kit.

Wet kits are safer if you are unable to get a tune, but since we know quite afew very capable tuners, I would suggest a dry kit.

I agree with Justin, 75 shot max. Make sure your fuel pump, FPR, and injectors are upto the task.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
im going to start with a small shot, and play around, i suppose, i guess i could run a flip chip with a dry shot for the time being, down the road id like to be able to crank it up to 125 though, im hoping on geting a shot like that, that kind of shot would really catapulte the car into some good 1/4 times

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in