New Headers - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to powerhouze
New Headers

My new headers are in the mail. I haven't been under the car in a while. I'm not shure if the stock manifolds will pull through the bottom. If anyone know's what i'm looking at please let me know. I'm not shure if i'll have to pull the engine or now. If thats the case I should just get the PI heads!

99 trans w/2800 stall (thanks to Darrin and Dirtydog) Mac Underdrive, CAI, SSAutoChrome headers sitting in my closet (For Sale), ford factory 4.10 ring/pinion in the closet also(for sale) 2 mtx 6x9s in the back .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 11:06 PM
PostWhore

Are they the Kooks Long tubes, or the jba, ssautochrome shorties. From what I've heard you have to pull the engine to intsall the Kooks, but not the shorties. So also you manifolds should pull through the bottom.

1997 Ford Thunderbird, Built NA 2V/ T-45
1997 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0L
2003 Lincoln LS V8 Bolt Ons
2009 Yamaha VMax
2011 F-150 Lariat Limited 6.2L 4WD
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack, Recaros
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

JUMPS FOR JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ssautochrome they are shorties. Sweet . You did say thats from what you've heard. so lets pray you heard right. I Can do that job myself, not a prob. Thanks for the fast reply.
NO RICE INSIDE. I Love that.

99 trans w/2800 stall (thanks to Darrin and Dirtydog) Mac Underdrive, CAI, SSAutoChrome headers sitting in my closet (For Sale), ford factory 4.10 ring/pinion in the closet also(for sale) 2 mtx 6x9s in the back .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Drag racing with Jesus

Just a note - I would do a search on how to install headers

I personally haven't done it BUT from my past reading - it is a pain in the ars

Hope this helps

CurtisA

Curtis Carter - July 14, 1954 to June 4, 2006 -- RIP Brother, you will be missed

MODS=SCT tuned/J-Mod/Trans Cooler/Dyno max Cat-Back/NgkPlugs/Mac cold air/March UD's/FRPP aluminumcarrier3.73's "SOLD CAR"
PI cams + PI intake manifold w/adapter plate
Mark VIII Convertor/80mm L-Maf/70mm TB
Mark VIII 1 piece shaft/Cobra R' wheels/
Kumhos 235/60/16 - White leather w/ blue
cloth seats - white face gauges in 95 cluster
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I don't see why it would be a pain. I understand that if somthing gets swisted or cockeyed you could produce a leak. As long as you tighten everything down lightely and equaly then torque it I should be just fine.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

no no no... it's really getting to the bolts because of things in the way, like steering columns, a starter.. things like that

it's tight..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Oh, so your saying I might have to disconnect the steering column or move things outta the way. That doesn't seem too bad. Yeah it might take a little longer. But at least I don't have to worry about backlash and pinion depth. LOL gosh.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

i think jba said 6 hours... it appears to be a bit more than that.. i haven't done it.. just.. hear a lot of b*tching about it around here
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Yeah that does seem like a long time to lay some pipe. I'll talk to the guy putting my exhaust together. I believe he said $240 thats porting the pipes for the O2 sensors installing high-flow cats true duel eliminate res, and third cat and, install the flow series 40's 2.25 pipe all the way. Maybe they cand put the headers on while they're down there. I'm shure he'll say an additional $30 but that would still be a pissed off deal. That way it'll all be done at the same time.

But on the other hand. I do enjoy being a grease monkey. Even if it would take 6 hours. It would be worth it just to be able to say I did it myself. That reminds me of the time I had to drop the fuel tank. Those nylon gas lines. The quick disconnect ones that hook up to the fuel pump. I hear its a common problem. They rub through after time. Yeah that was fun. It took forever because i had to move some stuff; exhaust, a cross member and the tank. Then I had to diagnose where exactly the leak was comming from. I found it and took the hoses off. When i arrived at "Ricerzone" The girl working that night gave me a set of spark plug wires. I was like "no, not those, These. They're fuel lines." she said they didn't have em' so i bought some high pressure rubber hose slid it over the broken hose and hose clamped it. I went back to Autozone the next day to see if they acctually had the right hose. The guy laughed at me and said yeah that girl souldn't even be working her. He showed me the hose and said it was $20 a piece. since I needed 3 of em'. I Shure saved some cash. It took me about $7 or $8 to fix. If i fixed it with origional I would've costed $60. Hmm, go figure.

So, I guess the moral of this story is. Do the work on your day off and save a load of ca$h!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in