Quick rad. question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quick rad. question

I know this is an idiotic question, but my brain, and my body, are pretty much done for the day and I have to get this done. I had to re-install my old stock rad. temp. so my wife can get to work tomorrow, and it has the two fittings open that the tranny lines are supposed to screw into. I have a B&m cooler, so both lines bypass the rad. anyway. I need to make sure that there will be no issue w/ just using the rad. for cooling, and having those 2 holes open. I'm pretty sure they're separate, but like I said, my brain quit about 2 hours ago, and I'm running on Mtn. Dew right now. Just a simple yes or no would be cool.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Jedi Master

plug those two openings where the lines use to be if you have an aftermarket tranny cooler

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 11:57 AM
3rd Gear Chirper

Mine are open...no issues yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Mine are open...no issues yet.
right, its not a big issue but i'd plug them

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
if she drives the car in winter or cold, then you will want to run the lines in series with that heat exhanger tank to help warm the fluid up.

JH
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Thanks guys. I just left them open. No issues yet besides a leaky rad. I will have to just block the tranny cooler off during the winter so it will warm up, because a new Cobra rad. will be going back in to replace the busted one from the deer. Just gotta wait for the insurance $$. Appreciate it.

Bird keeps on running. Took it out last night after the fill and still gets a 2nd chirp.

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
for the winter if you have an external tranny cooler, and youll ahve the 03 radiator on, just let the car warm up for around 10-15 minutes, it should be warm enough to start driving, then itll be fine, i ran my external cooler through the stock radaitor tranny cooler, so in the winter itll warm up better

1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 LX - SC wheels, enlarged rear sway bar, full sound system, cut mufflers, PST 1 1/8" rear bar, Eibachs, Mark 8 LCA's, Al housed 3.55 gearset, cut mufflers
2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i - BMS Stage 1, Cut Muffler
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L-Her stock DD
1984 Ford F250 6.9 IDIT - head studs in progress
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Thanks for the tip on the warm-up. I'll do that. I really dont feel like putting a stock rad. back in every winter. It can wait the 10 min.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in