IAC vs. TPS - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to tOMred95
IAC vs. TPS

These two parts seem to have the same symptoms that would indicate something wrong, yet I can not find a desription an to where they are. Which one is attached to the driver side of the TB, i think that this is the IAC. If this is true where is the other and why is it so damn hard to get the friggin screws out. I have a feeling that this may be one of my longstanding problems and while im asking where is the pcv valve at been lookin under the hood for like 10 min. and cant find it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Overkill Fetish Freak

The IAC valve (Idle air control valve) controls the idle and has a hose connected to it that attaches to the air intake tube. The IAC is held on by two 10mm bolts and normally needs to be replaced after 75,000 miles. The TPS (Throttle pos. sensor) is located on the throttle body and held on by those screws that are very hard to get off. The TPS tells Mr. EEC what position the throttle plate is in.

You can't see the IAC in the pic but I know where it is.

The PCV valve is located on the passenger side valve cover under the air intake tube.

-Scott

Last edited by Dr. FrankenCougie; 08-18-2004 at 03:42 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Poster

lol, okay this is gonna sound dumb but on my 95 t-bird there is no hose from the intake that connects to the iac. is there suppost to be, cause it might explain why my car stalls alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Overkill Fetish Freak

The hose for the '94-5 IAC valve connects to the fitting right below the valve itself as seen in the picture and not very easy to get to.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 07:53 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to MadGoat Send a message via MSN to MadGoat
Quote:
Originally posted by triton18s
lol, okay this is gonna sound dumb but on my 95 t-bird there is no hose from the intake that connects to the iac. is there suppost to be, cause it might explain why my car stalls alot.

yes, on the back side of the engine... (drivers side) there is a hose that runs from the intake to the IAC. This bypasses the intake and allows air to pass into the engine under control of the IAC valve to keep it idling. If this hose is not present, then Im sure it would stall out.

MG

MadGoat's Birds
94 Thunderbird LX 4.6L PI
03 Aluminum PI Engine, J-Mod, Aluminum one piece drive shaft, 3.27's, 2.5" to single 3" custom MagnaFlow exhaust, 07 17x8 Bullit Wheels
97 Thunderbird LX 4.6L V8
RIP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in