falls flat on its face!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
falls flat on its face!!

i was gettin on the bypass and i decided to floor it from about 25 and i get up to about 4 grand and it just quits pullin and it makes a few pops and stuff and i ease on it in 3rd gear to get up to speed, and while im up to speed i floor it again and it shifts down to 2nd and at 3500 rpms it does the same, it did this a few times and then it quit and ran normal, what is up with this, the plugs and wires are about 5 k old. i was thinkin it was either plugs and wires or a fuel problem. could havin water on your filter cause this i have gone through a few little puddles before this happened, i havent checked my filter but i just thought of this i also have a k&n panel filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
It pops? How old is your fuel filter?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
not too old, when i first had my oil changed after i got it my dads mechanic put a new one in, about 8k ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 09:19 AM

are u throwin codes?? P0171-bank1 is lean P0174-bank 2 is lean...if u have both of these diagnostic codes it's most likely your MAF sensor...at least thats what my problem was. My car was doin pretty much the same thing...just didnt have anymore getup and at times wouldn't rev past 4000(not even free rev in park or neutral) it was like that for awhile before the service engine light popped up...I was ready to get rid of my bird...ran a diagnostic, replaced the MAF sensor with oem part and THE T-BIRD WAS BACK IN ACTION!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
its runnin fine know, i think somthin got wet, could a wet maf cause this?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 AM

im pretty sure water on any electric part can cause some kind of problem but i dont know if thats what happened or not. i have heard (from my mechanic) that the oils from peformance air filters can ruin MAF sensors and that the one common factor with everyone that had this problem (at his shop) was a performance air filter...some people have no problems with them so maybe its just different from car to car...i can tell you that mine didn't mess up until i installed a k-n cone filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in