12c plugs...where to get? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
12c plugs...where to get?

I don't feel like ordering them...i dont feel like buying them from the College Station dealer...I can get them in my hometown discounted from the dealer... So, where can I get awsf-12c or agsf-12c plugs locally for this weekend? Thanks
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Boom.

I would say Dan Newman...but we all know what happened there

Just out of curiosity why are you going with the 12C's? I don't see anything that would require that cold a plug...

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Like Titles Matter

Do you have A Line auto parts over there like we do in the Austin area? I buy them there for way less than even Dan could sell them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

I want the 12c plugs to get rid of detonation while running 87 octane and keeping my timing advanced. It will detonate on 89 octane with 22c even on a cool night, so what the hell...I'm gonna try 12c and keep the 22c's on hand in case the 12s foul out...which i dont think they will.

I've never heard of A Line auto parts. I havent tried Advance Auto Parts either. I'll see if I can find A Line in the phone book. Thanks!
-Rob

-Rob
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

All I have to say is **** Varsity Ford in College Station. I asked him for an equivalent to a awsf-12c or agsf 12c plug and he said well, that PN has changed like 4 times and hasnt been made in a couple of years. So I asked for an equivalent, just to protect myself against this dumbass not looking at things closer. Then he did the thing that totally pisses me off about parts store ppl. "What are these things going in?" I'm like '94 Thunderbird...it takes a 32c, but I need colder plugs. He goes and looks it up and its the new agsf 32fm or whatever part number. So I'm like, yeah I need colder plugs and end up hearing him say "sorry, I cant help you with that" What a ****ing worthless parts department! The guy knows I need colder plugs, but doesnt even offer me ANY kind of colder plug the same style. In my hometown at Ultimate Ford, the parts guy is nice as hell, asks about my stupid projects, almost always gets me the parts quickly, and discounts them to me since we have a local shop. Varsity Ford makes me sick....if you ever come through on hwy 6....give them the finger for me! I'm never gonna buy **** there again, not like it matters though.
-Rob

-Rob
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

I found some NGK copper plugs equivalent to awsfa-12c at Oreilly's and a girl helped me out!!! WOOO
-Rob

-Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in