Questions on the flowmaster cat-back... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to WaLieN
Questions on the flowmaster cat-back...

Is there any way where I can just buy the tubes? I don't want the drone of the 40 series, I want the 50 series. Also, when installed, do the mufflers look like they stick out, or is it like the stock setup, where its mostly hidden?

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 06:31 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Robinson
i believe it looks pretty much like stock, except newer and shinier

i dont think they sell just the pipe kits

www.innerlusion.com
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
89 SC 5 speed

FCoNE President
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 08:49 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to wkenneth
My mufflers (40 series dynaflow), and they are hung in the stock position, except I got chrome tips hangin out.....I think it looks pretty darn good. I can take pics if you want. As far as pipes...*shrug* beats me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 02:07 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to mikes97
WaLieN,
If you go to Ledsma's muffler in south Chula Vista they can build you a sweet dual set-up for about $440. including the two flowmasters. They tucked it up really nicely and it sounds really good. I wish i had a picture i could post. I live in san diego also so if you want to check my exhaust out send me an email

"Are those real?.....nice."-Phish
1997 T-bird LX 4.6
1977 F-250 400 ci 2wd
1998 Mustang GT convertible
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 02:41 PM
6th Gear Poster

flowmaster catback

I have the flowmaster cat back. They tuck up under like the factory. There are two mounting hangers. i used the upper hanger so I can just see the bottoms of the mufflers and the tips exit just below my rear bumper. If you only want to see the tips, cut off the upper hanger and use the lower. Sounds great outside the car, and with the windows down. If the windows are up, it has a LOUD drone when giving a little throttle around 25 -35 (1300 to 1800 RPM). The drone drives me nuts. I thought about purchasing the resonator to kill the drone, but I don't want to plug up my exhaust with any more restrictions than necessary. I love the sound when I thorttle it, everybody turns to look, but I hate the drone. I even removed the mufflers when adjusting the system and took a trip down the road. It still had a loud drone as well as nasty (good nasty) sounding exhaust note, but was WAY too loud.

B

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in