MN12 Downtubes - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Bradley Blaze
Question MN12 Downtubes

I remember a year or two ago that someone in the TCCOA made mn12 downtubes. I am having my chip reflashed by Jerry and I am gonna remove my cats as soon as I can find out how to get these tubes. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. This is the second time I posted this, I cant find the first one, maybe this one will get thru. This is my first time on this new style forum. Yhanks, Blazz

Bradley Blaze
I'd Love to Live Life in the Fast Lane, but I'm Married to a Speed Bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:42 PM
4th Gear Poster

Smile Big Scott Downtubes.....

I purchased a set from Kevin Penrose (Thunderterd) and have decided not to use them I am selling them if ya want them =) They are Mandrell bent with High flow cats a few others also have them Big Scott was the one who put the deal together and from what I heard it was a HUGE hassle for him...

1998 Toyota Supra

with fresh rebuilt T12b x2
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Bradley Blaze
OK, tell me this, are they worth the trouble? Are the any substantial gains by having them? I am wanting to eliminate my cats, I already have after-market high flows. How much are you asking for them and why did you decide not to use them? I am not trying to be nosy, I just dont want my expectations to be higher than the actual gain. Why were they a hassle to Big Scott? Thanks, Blazz

Bradley Blaze
I'd Love to Live Life in the Fast Lane, but I'm Married to a Speed Bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:01 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley Blaze
OK, tell me this, are they worth the trouble? Are the any substantial gains by having them? I am wanting to eliminate my cats, I already have after-market high flows. How much are you asking for them and why did you decide not to use them? I am not trying to be nosy, I just dont want my expectations to be higher than the actual gain. Why were they a hassle to Big Scott? Thanks, Blazz
As i am taking my heads off soon I plan on doing headers and deleting Some of the cats but leaving the 2 on for Inspection reasons and I dont want to kill back presser. As the reason I am not using them is I am having a full custom exhaust put on from the headers back. The main problem with Facoty downtubes is they are almost at a Ninty degree angle and the BIG SCOTT tubes are at almost a 45 degree angle. As far as gains you wont feel anything BIG from just doing exhaust to really feel the upgrade you need to do some head work and intake work. As for the hasle from what Kevin Penrose (Thunderterd) said is he had trouble rounding up cash and the first run was fitted to JBA's and not factory headers. This is what was told me and not from the source I would ask Big Scott about those issues.

1998 Toyota Supra

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Bean Flicker

Send a message via AIM to BlackTbird96
How much you asking for the downtubes? And what cats do they have on them? Im doing the head swap with JBA's some this might be something to add while im doing this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:59 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackTbird96
How much you asking for the downtubes? And what cats do they have on them? Im doing the head swap with JBA's some this might be something to add while im doing this.
I am looking for 300 and I will pay for shipping. as for the brand I dont know exact brand on cats but they are high flow cats for more EXACT specs you would need to talk to Big Scott as he had them made for a group purchase a while back.

1998 Toyota Supra

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:14 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Stinger
What do you mean by " Down tubes" ? Like headers? or is this like a cheaper version?. Would what u have fit a 96 tbird 4.6l?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 12:56 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Oc3digital Send a message via Yahoo to Oc3digital
Cool

Down tubes are the pipes between your exhayst manifolds and the rear exhaust section. On our cars it would be the section that holds the cats and in all reality the pipe ends behind the obdII sensor( or commonly called the rear 0² sensor)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 02:37 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to WaLieN
How were the ones that were made by someone else better than the stock ones?

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:52 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Down Tubes...

They are the tubes with the catalytic converters on them. They are 2-1/4" diameter and they have a single cat on each tube. Two cats are replacing the stock three cats. Each cat is a high flow design that helps the motor breathe. I believe they are Dynomax high flow cats.

Headers are the pipes before the down tubes where the exhaust gases initially come out of the heads.

J.Miller
East Coast Rolling Thunder!!!!
Official Eastern and Central PA chapter of the SCCoA!
post #11 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 10:02 PM
PostWhore

Hey MD2020...

Hey, if no one else wants your downtubes I'll buy them. Let me know here or at [email protected] if you're agreeable to that. Thanks,
Will

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in