couple of questions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

couple of questions

well I haven't been here since my brother totaled my SC in 93 (I've been lurking though) I finally got myself another mn12 in the form of a 94 xr-7 with a 4.6.
I've been reading that the hot setup is the aluminum exploder motor, so I picked one up, actually out of an expedition, so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ? (I know the obvious oil pan, front cover ect..) can I use the injectors from the expedition ? how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth? (I want to sell them on e-bay or if someone makes me a reasonable offer) what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?

any help would be great, Thanks in advance
Ron

as of 12-29-06 4.6 DOHC powered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Welcome.. I've never heard anything of swapping an expedition motor, but shoudl be the same thing(except for the aluminum block, right?!). I would say use the injectors from the cougar, if I am right, the injectors from the expedition have different harness, so not unless you would like to splice your harness, then go for it. I use almost everything out of the exploder engine, the rest that I did not use, I could not sell it on ebay.. Good luck..

Israel

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

thanks for the reply, it's an aluminum block for sure, I was thinkng that the injectors were different, any body have an idea on the value?

as of 12-29-06 4.6 DOHC powered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to CLowe1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar107
well I haven't been here since my brother totaled my SC in 93 (I've been lurking though) I finally got myself another mn12 in the form of a 94 xr-7 with a 4.6.
I've been reading that the hot setup is the aluminum exploder motor, so I picked one up, actually out of an expedition, so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ? (I know the obvious oil pan, front cover ect..) can I use the injectors from the expedition ? how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth? (I want to sell them on e-bay or if someone makes me a reasonable offer) what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?

any help would be great, Thanks in advance
Ron
Quote:
so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ?
None if its a complete engine w/ accesories...might want to mock the motor together before you plan on putting it in.
Quote:
can I use the injectors from the expedition ?
Injectors are injectors, just be sure your tuned to use whatever type your going to use, and your fuel line hook up. Is it return or return-less style?
Quote:
how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth?
Depends how many people need it. Fair price $100-250
Quote:
what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?
Don't really recall too many options out there but the stock one with AL crossover. Thats your best bang for the bank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in