Starting Problem - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Me007gold
Starting Problem

well guys i got my car a little over two weeks ago, everything has been fine and good till this morning. go out to start it, click click. ****. turn the car into accessorys and the radio comes on, lights works everything works but it will not start when ever i hit a button or use the turn signals the volt meter jumps a bit. get a jump. after i get the jump runs good for about 10-15 minuits with the volt meter jumping all over the place and my climate control shuting it self off every few secons, then it died. i am guessing it is probley the alternator. battery terminals are clean, the ground is good. what would be your sugestion?

Theres nothing better than having a lower roof line than a civic, and a longer wheelbase than a van.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to wether
Using a multi meter can you get a voltage reading from the battery with the car running?

Currently In the Short Bus Garage:
2 - '94 T-bird LX's 4.6L (one with 300,000+ miles and one with 200,000+ miles)
1 - '97 Mark VIII LSC - INTECH V8 (120,000+ miles)
1 - '97 F150 XLT 4x4 Flareside, 4.6L (130,000+ miles) - Currently being dismantled and rebuilt with upgrades!
1 - '00 Mustang GT (likes to accelerate with the brake on!), 4.6L (60,000+ miles - only comes out when I need to get somewhere fast.)

oh yeah, and they all have 4R70W's
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
with the key in the crank position, check the voltage at the battery (whether it cranks or not).....voltage should not fall below 10.5V....ideally it should stay above 11V.....if it is in the vicinity of 10.5V or lower, battery is bad and/or cables are corroded inside the insulation and/or are not tightened down properly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Me007gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar maestro
with the key in the crank position, check the voltage at the battery (whether it cranks or not).....voltage should not fall below 10.5V....ideally it should stay above 11V.....if it is in the vicinity of 10.5V or lower, battery is bad and/or cables are corroded inside the insulation and/or are not tightened down properly

it was a combo of both battery and altenator, so its being fixed as we speek

Theres nothing better than having a lower roof line than a civic, and a longer wheelbase than a van.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in