96 Mark V8 diagrams - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Jiggy Fly

96 Mark V8 diagrams

I am looking for a diagram showing what everything is on the DOHC Mark motor, so when I do my swap, I hook everything up correctly. Where would be a good source for this infomation???

Jmod, Mark VIII 4R70W tranny, Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft, 03 Marauder TC and Flexplate, True Dual Exhaust with High Flow Magnaflow Cats, and midmount DI/DO Magnaflow Muffler, 18" Slash Cut Chrome Tips, AC Compressor Delete Pulley, 180 Degrees T-Stat, Scott White Faced Guages,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
yeah well my car doesn't run on chocolate so who cares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:58 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Your 2v motor still in the car?
Label all connectors before you un-do them, and that will help you more than anything. Once you know/label/take notes on where everything is/ it's function, etc. You will have a much easier time hooking up that 4v

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Get a Ford Service Manual on CD, works for every ford car of the year you get, also has EVTM. This will show you every wire, every connector, a breakdown of almost every system and part on your car, an invaluble resource. I'm not sure of how legal it is, but it's available on Ebay for 10 to 15 bucks, also they can be downloaded online, but i forgot the site, maybe someone else knows? You can also get the paper manuals on ebay but they're a little more pricey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Jiggy Fly

Cool, thanks......I think I am going to buy those manuals on cd. I am going to label everything on the 2V motor when I take it off as well.

Jmod, Mark VIII 4R70W tranny, Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft, 03 Marauder TC and Flexplate, True Dual Exhaust with High Flow Magnaflow Cats, and midmount DI/DO Magnaflow Muffler, 18" Slash Cut Chrome Tips, AC Compressor Delete Pulley, 180 Degrees T-Stat, Scott White Faced Guages,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
yeah well my car doesn't run on chocolate so who cares.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

These are what the Service CD would get you. This is from the 1996 one, just the electrical connectors. I didn't check out the mechanical portion for other things, but this give you a good idea. If they are too small or text isn't readable, PM me and i will get them to you. I was hoping to have a little web space here as a paying member but that isn't the case.

http://www.fordcds.com I don't think people should be selling them either copies or originals, or if they do, that making the images available isn't that big of a deal. I bought two that matched the years of my cars (2000 and 1997) and one for my dads vehicle from someone who worked as a tech or in some form at a dealership.

Well, lets add this one, it is always fun!

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions

Last edited by Bangster; 09-19-2006 at 11:28 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

the swap of a pre 97 mark motor into a 94-95 tbird is easy. The wiring for the mark viii is almost useless. You should only need all the wiring from your vehicle, but you'll need to splice in a few different wiring harnesses, only because the plug is different. You'll want the IMRC's controlled by an MSD (or something similar) RPM activated switch controlled by an MSD (or similar) EDIS sender box plugged into the ignition coil signal wire. Then get a chip. Done.
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in