Strange o2 Sensor occurance - PSA! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
Strange o2 Sensor occurance - PSA!

So, i get the car back from the bodyshop on wednesday and decide to change out the sparkplugs since ive had an intermittant and then consistant miss for quite a while. Said plugs are changed along with a new set of wires to replace my 3 year old MSDs. I start on the passenger side, when pulling the plugs I notice that the electrodes on all the plugs are white, which I do beleive is the calling card of a lean condition, knowing that I have plenty of fuel from the 24lb injectors and the 255 pump, I decide to rule that out. Keep in mind that I just finished the passenger side. The o2 sensor on the passenger side is a Bosch aftermarket and I am on my second Bosch aftermarket. I swap the driver side and all the plugs look fine, the oxygen sensor on that side is an original 10 year old, 185k Motorcraft sensor. Now, for the past few months ive been getting an intermittant P0172 code, which is passenger side bank lean. So, the moral of the story is...when replacing the oxygen sensor, go for OE, I replace the Bosch sensor for the second time since june 05.

yay!

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 12:00 PM
PostWhore

Same thing found here, the Bosch heaters don't work as good as the stock ones. I can only run OEM on my pax side as well as a Bosch there will trip a code about once every other day.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

its also quite sad that my MSD wires cost me 100$ a little over 3 years ago and the new ones i put in are generic XACT brand 8mm from Discount Auto. The car hasnt run this well in quite a while.

I put a little over 50k on the MSD wires.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
PostWhore

I gave up on expensive plug wires long ago for daily drivers. I change the wires as often as the plugs now (~25K)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney
I gave up on expensive plug wires long ago for daily drivers. I change the wires as often as the plugs now (~25K)

the only aftermarket performance ones i would probably consider are the Moroso plugs, since they run about 70$.....almost as much as my generic ones.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 01:41 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Stevie G
some guy was selling oe sensors on corral, 2 for 50$ 4 for 75$(i think.. something on those lines) i got 2
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 12:34 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbird96 Send a message via MSN to thunderbird96 Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbird96
check summit racing ngk sensors are 36 bucks a piece and work great.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:22 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina
the only aftermarket performance ones i would probably consider are the Moroso plugs, since they run about 70$.....almost as much as my generic ones.

I would say don't waste your time there either. They are fine for hotrods that get little driving but start going bad as quickly as stock replacement stuff from my experiences. The outer jacket only lasts so long.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Do they come in a pair for $60-90 or is that the price for one??

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbird96 Send a message via MSN to thunderbird96 Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbird96
The sensors cost me 72 shipped to my door that's a pair of senors.It cost me $144 for all 4. hell of alot cheaper then local parts store.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI
Do they come in a pair for $60-90 or is that the price for one??

ox, since you have a blower, i wouldnt gamble on oxygen sensors. Run OEM sensors, you will have a solid running car. Hence the reason why I posted warning against Bosch sensors.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in