CV PI Zip Tube - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Marl Send a message via Yahoo to Marl
Question CV PI Zip Tube

Has anybody tried using the CV PI Zip Tube from Lonnie on a stock '95 4.6 using the stock air box? I built a tube out of mandrel exhaust tubing to remove the air silencer but I am not totally happy with the way it turned out. I was also thinking of getting the Marauder airbox and maf but I'm very low on cash at the moment.

Thanks
Marl

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Are you trying to use this in place of the violin case that leads to the TB? If so, it may not clear the fuel rail on the pass. side.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Yeah the tube I built is made out of 3" exhaust tubing with a 3" mandrel bent 45 by the TB that I modified slightly. Where the tube crosses over the fuel rail I had to use my press and squish it out a bit to get it to clear. Now if the CV tube is soft enough rubber I was thinking that the hood could just press it out a bit. My only concern with this a hole being rubbed in the tube eventually.

Marl

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I guess my question on weather it will work or not is is it long enough to reach the stock air box and will it give enough to pass over the fuel rail and the hood.

Marl

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
PostWhore

I went to his site and looked at it, but can't tell. I'd contact him and ask. He probably has already tested it and would know.

Rob

02 AL PI 4.6L, 02 GT MAF and air box, SCT tune by lonnie.
2.25" true duals, no cats, Borla XS mufflers.
96 trans with 300HP + gear change J-mod, Mark VIII TC, & Hayden 30K GVW cooler.
Solid Rubber engine and tranny mounts. Polly front-end, tranny crossmember, and IRS bushings.
3.73 TL, 93 Mark VIII DS. Tokico Blues all around.
PBR dual piston calipers in front, Rear Disc Brake Swap.
97 console. Cooper 225/60/16s.
14.874 @ 93.56 with 3.27 before 3.73 upgrade
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 04:59 PM
PostWhore

I can't seem to find any 94/95 MN12s around here that are willing to try it. When I ask they look at me like I'm some kind of nut case.

www.blueovalchips.com
[email protected]
1992 5.0 Thunderbird Sport, 328 rwhp 347 rwtq
1995 Mark VIII, 287 rwhp 305 rwtq

I have seen the truth and it makes no sense
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Yeah I emailed Lonnie lastweek about it and he said the same thing there that he's said here. But I thought I would ask around and see if anyone purchased one from him and tried it without him actually knowing what it was going on.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I was actually fairly close to Lonnie this past weekend when I was moving my gf to Naples, FL. But I was in too much of a hurry to get down there and get it done. I only had three days to leave Indianapolis, get to Naples, unload her stuff and fly back.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in