How do you remove egr valve 94 cougar - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

How do you remove egr valve 94 cougar

This valve is buried in the back of the engine. What is the easiest way to remove it. I can barely get my hand on the valve. Please help asap I threw a code and want to get this taken care of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Veteran Poster

First let me say that you may have the EGR pathway clogged is all and it needs to be cleaned. In the pictures below you can see the half moon groove around the lip of the intake manifold inlet, this is notorious for being clogged with carbon. Take the upper intake off, elbow piece and you can see it.

If it turns out to be the EGR valve then having the upper intake out of the way is a bonus, makes it easier to remove. The pipe for the EGR on the exhaust manifold is a pain to break free. It is not easy for a novice. You have to drop the exhaust from the manifolds to get a wrench in there.
The wiring clump that is mounted to the back of the upper intake elbow can be unclipped and moved out. The bolts holding the EGR to the intake manifold are almost impossible to deal with while its in the car.

You can sort of see in this pic where the word ELBOW is.

This picture gives you more of an overall view of that area and the whole manifold.

Most fun I ever had was with the Texas TCCOA guys making power and drag racing.

Now I am using a 2001 BMW M3 Vert for fun.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

so this turns out to be a very large project. The reason I am replacing it is because the check engine light came on and I brought it to autozone and they said it was code 0402 which is excessive egr valve flow. Which they told me it means that the egr valve is probably staying open because of either buildup or the valve is shot. Is there any way to check. Damn this is a stupid *** ford design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

are you talking about removing the entire manifold or just the elbow with the tb. Is there any easier way of doing this job. Someone has to have done this before

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in