My Thanks To Everyone Here!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

My Thanks To Everyone Here!!!

I just wanted to Thank everybody here at TCCoA, you guys have helped me out so much in the 3yrs I've owned my car. Without this website I know my car would be what it is today. You Guys Are Great. Now I've been into the depths of these forums reading/researching/learning anything and everything about MN12's, sitting on the sidelines, not saying anything (haven't had to, all my questions have been answered..you know why?..'cause I know how to use the "search bar"!..lol). I would have never had the confidence to do (nor ever even heard of doing) an Explorer swap by myself at 20yrs old but after reading all the threads (and having spun a bearing in my original 4.6..or maybe that was just my excuse to swap..lol) I pulled up my panties and went to work, and it was successful... It actually was pretty easy I think. This was also my first time ever to pull/swap/install a motor... and I don't own a Chilton's manual or any car manual.. all I had/needed was TCCoA Forums to look at... Thanks Guys..

Justin McCalmont

P.S... I would have posted this under "newbies forum"...but I don't consider myself a newbie...

Justin McC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
Im glad these forums have helped you.
Got any pics of the motor or the bird?????My PI swap was alittle more involved than a 97 swap would be but your right.Pretty easy.
Congrats on the install and welcome to the forums!

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I don't have any new pics..but here's a few old ones of the cougar...

..Notice (besides the effects of and 82yr pulling out in front of me) the recessed grill (1st and 2nd pic)...that was a touch I thought of and carried out blunts the nose up, I ditched it for grill mesh after it was painted... I was happy that the car was "totalled out"..that allowed me to get the hood since a body shop wouldn't purchase it if it wasn't totalled...

Justin McC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
That is a very nice Cat!

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 AM
6th Gear Poster

nice car
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 07:12 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to wether
That is beutiful! I love what you have done with it so far. . . . .the order of the pictures seems to really tell a story I would like to hear more about.

Currently In the Short Bus Garage:
2 - '94 T-bird LX's 4.6L (one with 300,000+ miles and one with 200,000+ miles)
1 - '97 Mark VIII LSC - INTECH V8 (120,000+ miles)
1 - '97 F150 XLT 4x4 Flareside, 4.6L (130,000+ miles) - Currently being dismantled and rebuilt with upgrades!
1 - '00 Mustang GT (likes to accelerate with the brake on!), 4.6L (60,000+ miles - only comes out when I need to get somewhere fast.)

oh yeah, and they all have 4R70W's
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Thanks!..I've worked hard on it, put probably a little too much money into it...well.. you can never spend to much on something you love so...I'll say I this cat has had a long shower in cold cash...lol..It's nice though... All the kids my age are driving the imports, mustangs, camaros and I've always been the one to do something far out..and in yukon/Okc area... this is the only Sportrod Cougar around, I haven't ran into any other MN12 that what'd to run 'em ...it's nice to be rumbling or "Prowling" down the street and people give you this "what in the hell" look then pass the thumbs up..good feelings...

Justin McC
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to bad93bird
That is a very nice cat. I think I'll go get me one.

QUADSQUAD MEMBER
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Yeah..I didn't know what you guys would think about me choppin' up a garage kept 30th Anniversary Edition..lol..oh well.. makes it that much more unique... plus to the rest of the world it's not worth much due to one word on the title, "Salvaged"....blah!..

Justin McC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in