94/95 computer - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to WITootall Send a message via Yahoo to WITootall
94/95 computer

Ok so in a previous thread that I put up the conclusion was that my 94 computer(EEC) was bad(94s known to keep injectors open). I was told to get a 95 from someone partin out a car. I have one lined up but now I have two questions.

A) the computer is behind the pass side kick panel, but is there another unit for just the EEC or is that all in one. According to my repair manuel its two but I dont believe so. Also was told to look for if mine is a EEC-IV or EEC-V all it says on the header panel is "this vehical is equipt with EEC.

B) Anyone have a simple way to explain how to get the computer out. In lookin at it looks like the simplest is take the glove box off to get to the screws but how many are there and how hard of a job is it.

Askin the experts here since you guys have too good answers that the ford dealer is to dumb to help me with.

Edit: here is a link to my previous thread
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=90749

Last edited by WITootall; 11-01-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Make sure it is a 4.6 car. 94/95 is EEC-V for 4.6, EEC-IV for 3.8

I haven't removed mine, but I had to get to it to get the code off of it to get a a tune, and I have done 20 things to my 89 since then so I don't remember how hard it is to get the passenger kick panel off, but there isn't too much to it, I don't think removing the glovebox will get you anything.

The best way I recall is to remove the trim from around the window, remove the scuff plate, then the kick panel. You can probably get away with not doing the upper trim piece, but to do it right remove it.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to WITootall Send a message via Yahoo to WITootall
The car is a 4.6. I was workin on getting mine out, have the kick panel off and unhinged the air shock for the glove box. I can reach two of the brackets for the computer, is there more or just those two and it sits in holders to the front(next to the fire wall)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

like he said, remove the passenger side kick panel *mine was held on through a push pin*, remove the clip on the shock that holds up the glove compartment. before you do that tho remove the gold bolt that attaches the harness to the eec itself. it is a 10mm bolt and you wont need an extension. then after you move the glove compartment down, then use a 9/32 socket with to remove the bolt that holds that white looking bracket to the eec. i used an extension (6") and it was easier. as soon as the bracket is loose pull it away from the eec towards the drivers steering wheel enough for the eec to slide down. after its out of the brackets way its just a matter of menovouring *spellcheck* the wires to get out of the eec's way.

and yes the 94-95 mn12 v8's used a eec-v and the 94-95 mn12 v6's used the eec iv. also all the 96+ mn12's used a eec-v

i have a spare eec-v if you need it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:50 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to wether
There are instructions here for removing the EEC

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/interior/index.html

Currently In the Short Bus Garage:
2 - '94 T-bird LX's 4.6L (one with 300,000+ miles and one with 200,000+ miles)
1 - '97 Mark VIII LSC - INTECH V8 (120,000+ miles)
1 - '97 F150 XLT 4x4 Flareside, 4.6L (130,000+ miles) - Currently being dismantled and rebuilt with upgrades!
1 - '00 Mustang GT (likes to accelerate with the brake on!), 4.6L (60,000+ miles - only comes out when I need to get somewhere fast.)

oh yeah, and they all have 4R70W's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in