fuel pump not turning on. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
fuel pump not turning on.

if i test the inertia switch n its gettin power. dose that mean the fuel pump relay is fine. bc i have this Schematic n thats the way it looks?...
thx.

Project still in progress
Explorer engine, vortech v2,intercooled,bullit intake,derale power steering cooler, b&m trans cooler, oil filter relocation, cobra aluminum radiator, Walbro 255 Pump, Intrax 2in lowering springs, KYB front/back,,mark8 Driveshaft, 1.25Rear sway bar, 3:73 aluminum diff, TrackLok, Rear Diff Cover Brace, Sc Wheels 235/60s, Jmodd, Air Bags in Springs,Rear strut Bar,17in Mirror Blk CobraRs, Sc L Brackets, rear torsional load brace, kmember-frame brace, weightloss program, pbr dual pistons drilled/slotted, stainless lines , recaro seats, sct x4 DonL tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
any1 know? and when im testing at the constant control relay module the power to fuel pump, its pink n black wire lights up when i turn the key over. and same with the fuel pump control wire that is lite blue and orange. can any1 help.

dank

Explorer engine, vortech v2,intercooled,bullit intake,derale power steering cooler, b&m trans cooler, oil filter relocation, cobra aluminum radiator, Walbro 255 Pump, Intrax 2in lowering springs, KYB front/back,,mark8 Driveshaft, 1.25Rear sway bar, 3:73 aluminum diff, TrackLok, Rear Diff Cover Brace, Sc Wheels 235/60s, Jmodd, Air Bags in Springs,Rear strut Bar,17in Mirror Blk CobraRs, Sc L Brackets, rear torsional load brace, kmember-frame brace, weightloss program, pbr dual pistons drilled/slotted, stainless lines , recaro seats, sct x4 DonL tuned
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
PostSkank

Send a message via AIM to StupidFly
Its been a long time since the time I had to diagnose mine, so I cant remember too much about the layout (my manuals are thousands of miles away), but I do remember that my problem was a wire short somewhere between the under the dash, before the self-test connector. I lost track of the wire and had to bypass it.

I got so fed up when all the components and connections tested ok, that I removed almost all of my interior following the wire, testing every 3 feet or so. When I got to the dash, I lost track of the wire. But it tested ok at the self-test port, so I just tapped it and re-routed it.

I doubt this will actually help you out, hopefully someone can chime in.

math > pasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Yes if you have pwr at the PK/BK wire going into the inertia switch then the relay is on. The LB/O wire is grounded from the pcm to energize the coil in the fuel pump relay. It sounds like your on the right track good luck.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
so..u think the fuel pump is bad.. it doesnt turn on. but sometimes it sputters like its going to start. and doesnt the relay click when u turn the key over?
hey thx alot guys.
dank

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
CCRM is behind the passenger side headlight. If you put power to the pump and it works,but doesn't get power from the vehicle like it should change the module. That was one of fords better ideas.. Lets put several $5 relays inside a box, seal it up and charge $100 for it.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
o ya i know. i had to change it like 5 months ago..

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
2nd Gear Poster

TwoHaggard I would ck for voltage at the front of the fuel tank DG/Y wire before you drop it. Also make sure you have a good ground, less than 5ohm of resistance. If those things ck out alright then I would say you need a new pump.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
kk thx for the help ill look into that for 2marro.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
wheres the DG/Y wire? bc its on the constant control relay module.......

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear Poster

There is a connecter on the pass side just in front of the tank all the wiring going to the pump runs through it. I would ck there before you drop the tank. That will eliminate all the wiring up to that point.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Good info right here--ours turned out to be the pump though--
Thanks for the great troubleshooting tips!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Garage
ok finally the weather became nice out. got to the tank. and it was wires came undone on the aftermarket pump. ha. wow. i am so happy thats all it was.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear Poster

good job Glad it ended up to be a easy/cheap fix for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in