which series flows - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to blackbird96
which series flows

i have a 96 4.6lx, n i was looking into what series flows sound the best, thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 05:25 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NickFL Send a message via Yahoo to NickFL
I have the 40's on my '95

I like the sound of the 40's. They are much louder than the Dynomax mufflers I had before.

Later, NickFL
[email protected]
2004 COBRA COUPE #3036 of 3768 OXFORD WHITE; 601.5 RWHP @ 6450 RPM; 595.2 lb/ft Torque @ 3750 RPM; 18* Timing | 18.5 PSI Boost | 11.94 AF

Whipple 2.3L | Steeda idler | Reichard idler pulleys | Metco 2# Lower | Reichard 3.0 Upper | Magnaflow Catted X-pipe | Magnaflow Catback | Focus Pumps | 8AN lines | CPR rails | SD 60lb injectors | TR6 Plugs | Revolution chip | MAFiA | BBK T-body | Steeda CAI | Custom heat exchanger | Royal Purple coolant additive | Kenny Brown super subs | Steeda lowering springs | IRS bushings | IRS weld in braces | FPDM rewire | MT ET Street Radials | Centerforce clutch | Steeda billet quad and cable | Lunar boost and fuel gauges | Autometer gauge panel
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

still got those dynomax's?.......i'm looking for something a little louder than stock w/ a nice growl but not something annoying,........hell i like listening to jazz every once in a while. heheheh. i like to maintain the luxury feel of the car but w/ the power too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 06:03 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NickFL Send a message via Yahoo to NickFL
Nope...Sorry...

I got rid of them pretty quickly. I dont remember who bought them, but they were bought by someone from the club. I hope they are going to good use.

Later, NickFL
[email protected]
2004 COBRA COUPE #3036 of 3768 OXFORD WHITE; 601.5 RWHP @ 6450 RPM; 595.2 lb/ft Torque @ 3750 RPM; 18* Timing | 18.5 PSI Boost | 11.94 AF

Whipple 2.3L | Steeda idler | Reichard idler pulleys | Metco 2# Lower | Reichard 3.0 Upper | Magnaflow Catted X-pipe | Magnaflow Catback | Focus Pumps | 8AN lines | CPR rails | SD 60lb injectors | TR6 Plugs | Revolution chip | MAFiA | BBK T-body | Steeda CAI | Custom heat exchanger | Royal Purple coolant additive | Kenny Brown super subs | Steeda lowering springs | IRS bushings | IRS weld in braces | FPDM rewire | MT ET Street Radials | Centerforce clutch | Steeda billet quad and cable | Lunar boost and fuel gauges | Autometer gauge panel
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Matt R has a vid clip of his 70 series. if he doesn't post it, I can e-mail it to you.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 10:00 PM

If you want loud and don't mind drone get the 40 series. I was going to get the "Delta Flow" 40 series because they have less drone but still have an aggressive throaty tone. I settled for Ravins because of the higher flow and they are getting deeper and throatier every day.

96 Tbird LX
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Poster

I've got a set of 10 series single chamber race mufflers sitting here if you want them.. Ok. So maybe that's a little loud and with the 3 inch inlet and outlet.. probably wouldn't work.

1995 Mustang GT
Bolt ons. Stock H/C/I for now.
2001 Sentra SE
Short Ram Intake only.

Kerry/Edwards '04
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 07:50 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to WaLieN
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Thunder
If you want loud and don't mind drone get the 40 series. I was going to get the "Delta Flow" 40 series because they have less drone but still have an aggressive throaty tone. I settled for Ravins because of the higher flow and they are getting deeper and throatier every day.

96 Tbird LX
Do the Ravins have any 'freeway drone?'

As for getting a muffler, the classic sound of a Flowmaster 40 series sounds good, but your car will sound like the rest of em.

☼1997 Ford Thunderbird LX - 4.6L -K&N Panel Filter-Steeda U|D Pulleys-Steeda 180* Thermostat-Removed Intake Silencer-Polyurethane IRS Bushings-Tranny Cooler-Urethane Tranny Mount
☼1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring [VR] - Rotary Power rebuilt turbos & motor w/ 3mm Apex Seals - PWR Radiator - PFS Cat-Back - RB Intake Duct w/ K&N Panel - Manual Boost Controller - KG Differential Brace - Gotham Engine Torque Brace - Aluminum 45mm Front STB - B&M Short Throw Shifter - PFS Column Mounted Boost Gauge - Falken Azenis ST115s [235/40ZR17] on Speedy Mashie Silvers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in