4 Cam Bird's........bird - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Mushroom Stamp Layer

4 Cam Bird's........bird

Dial up guys....sorry....you suck.

I"ll let him talk about it when he gets home and online. We're about to go take a ride it.

If your gonna whine about the pictures being 1600x1200 then DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK. If your interested in seeing a TBird with a Mark8 motor and are gonna enjoy the great detail offered in these pictures...then by all means...click here.
and here
and here
and here
and here
and here

Now if your running IE6 and you turned off the auto resize thing...then it's plainly your fault...obviously the technology is availible to you if you don't want to see big pictures and you don't want to take advantage of it.

And your right...I could load every picture into a graphics program, which is something I have to do anyway since pictures directly off my carmera won't load onto website...so I actually do have to take every picture...load it up in Gimp and save it JUST so I can upload it.

Seabass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Mushroom Stamp Layer

Do you people REALLY have nothing else to cry about? If you don't want to look at the pictures....either click or close your browser....either that or get glasses or some better hardware and up your resolutions.

Incase you didn't notice that is a 4V in a Bird above....if you have nothing to say about the bird....then send me an email or a pm and keep it off of the tech board.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 12:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

very nice, so where is 4cam with his thoughts. and seabass, do you happen to have thoes pics in a bigger size?? cant really see them that good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:03 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Robinson
Quote:
Originally posted by VicRattlehead
very nice, so where is 4cam with his thoughts. and seabass, do you happen to have thoes pics in a bigger size?? cant really see them that good.
the humor is great in this one :p

ummm.... about the car.... for some reason, that motor just looks at home in there. it looks very OEM, except for maybe the dryer hose(if thats what it is). when does he plan on getting that to the track and getting us some hard numbers. with the price of the mark DOHC engines being so low itd be nice to see more people doing the same swap.

www.innerlusion.com
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
89 SC 5 speed

FCoNE President
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Mushroom Stamp Layer

I agree...it does look very at home. It just looks like it belongs. The dryer hose will be fixed soon...we looked thru my stuff when he got here and I had some close fits but no cigar.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 05:08 PM
MN12 Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via MSN to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Thumbs up

Looks great! I also agree that it looks like OEM. The pics only took 1 sec each to load for me...hehe:p .

Does he plan on adding some power adders or just stay like it is? Are there any mods done to it or all stock for now (internals)?

Anyways looks perfect man!

Sold - 1997 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 Sport - Full bolt on, PI stuff, gears, converter, exhaust, full suspension & many other things.

2007 MUSTANG GT (5M) - 504rwhp/449rwtq
- Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. (10psi) - CMDP's - 127200 Comp Cams - BBK LT's - O/R X - FRPP GTA's - Mid Atlantic Tuned - FRPP 4.10's - Truetrac - Moser Axles - McLeod RST - Fidanza Steel FW - Eibach Pro Kit - J&M LCA's - UMI Relo. Brackets - Spohn Adj. PHB - Prothane Motor Mounts - Hawk HPS Pads - 19" Sport Edition KV5 Rims - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
Ok, I didn't comment directly right away because with all the other posts and e-mails I have floating around I didn't have much to say. I do have a well apying job now but I am still a student, I have one tuition covered even after the swap, gotta work on the other semester before I spend more money on the car. A supercharger of some type is in this motors future, not til after graduation though for sure (1.5 more years). I still have some A/C system bugs. I was having trouble finding a tube that went between the MAF and the Mark Air tube, so the dryer tube gets the job done right now but it is hard to get on there. I am going to try to find a large hose with a bell at work that might get the job done, would like to get a blue one like the rad hoses but I don't think we make silicone hose in that large of an ID since the Large hoses are for big diesel equipment and the silicone stuff is for emergency vehicles. A few notes on the OEM look, that is the original Thunderbird air box, that started as the original Mark air tube, was painted silver purely because that is the color of the valve covers. Other than the 9MM wires and the removed wire covers, it is all the way Ford made stuff, that dryed tube and the mobile one are the only pieces on that car that didn't come wrapped in Ford stuff. As for the track. I had mentioned to Seabass once about possibly going this weekend but I have a belt problem that I am trying to figure out, it is a good thing I can get another one for free and the one that was on the motor was fairly new so I have a spare on hand. Also have a shifting issue that might not like the track. With this stuff and working some Saturdays and a lot of Fridays it problaby won't be until mid-September when I get to the track. I fully expect a 14, low, high, can't tell you that, but a 14 something.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in