Would anyone be interested in a meet in the next few months? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Send a message via AIM to StupidFly
Would anyone be interested in a meet in the next few months?

I don't have anything in particular in mind, but it occurred to me that we haven't gotten together in awhile. I'm pretty busy with class and work this time of year, I'm sure I'm not alone, but I thought we could toss some ideas around, see what's going on.

Nigel

math > pasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I am always ready! I would like to try to do it before it is really really hot, and perhaps closer to Tucson, but really anyplace would be good, I am not afraid to drive a little (even two cars, but not that again).

I don't know that my house is ready for the possibility of a bunch of crazy car guys for a BBQ here, but I could borrow a gas grille or something like that for a park meet or something.

Even a impromptu meet or a small local BBQ and BS session I am up for, I could handle that at my house. Really, I need to be around other people now a days, they closed my office so I now work from home, and I really don't get out much! My 97 got 14 miles on it the last three weeks (the 89 got 400 some how, and my wife won't drive it).

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Don't worry man, we'll get you out of the house. We'll get something figured out. Anyone else?

math > pasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to MadGoat Send a message via MSN to MadGoat
Everyone is more than welcome to come over to my place. We finally got the back yard finished, and there is actually GRASS back there now! So we can BBQ it up or whatever!

I also live in a cul de sac, would make some good pictures!

I do need to clean and reorganize my garage, I'm sad to say I have been pretty bad with that lately.

I'm down for whatever!

~MG~

MadGoat's Birds
94 Thunderbird LX 4.6L PI
03 Aluminum PI Engine, J-Mod, Aluminum one piece drive shaft, 3.27's, 2.5" to single 3" custom MagnaFlow exhaust, 07 17x8 Bullit Wheels
97 Thunderbird LX 4.6L V8
RIP
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

BBQ at Garret's sounds nice. Any Phoenix guys still watching out there?

math > pasta
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 12:27 AM
PostWhore

Got an Idea!

bangster, stupidfly, me and who ever else...

We should do a night cruise this spring break! I've got a buddy of mine and his girl that will drive my 97, plus my 94, Stupidfly's bird, and bangster's couger... plus whoever else might come. Would prove to be a fun night I might say!

Takers?!

~MG~

haha --->

MadGoat's Birds
03 Aluminum PI Engine, J-Mod, Aluminum one piece drive shaft, 3.27's, 2.5" to single 3" custom MagnaFlow exhaust, 07 17x8 Bullit Wheels
RIP
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Aight, I'm down. Where we going to cruise to?

math > pasta
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
PostWhore

Havnt got that far yet. I'd like to get some video of all of us. I'd like to stage up next to your 5.0! I've always been curious how my 94 would do against your 92!

Just take some media of the group. Mess'in around. I love south tucson industrial area, great for pictures and whatever might come to mind.

From there I really dont know good places to cruise / drive.

Suggestions?

~MG~

MadGoat's Birds
RIP
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
PostSkank

I have a feeling your PI would do pretty well vs my '92, that motor is getting pretty tired (I've got somethings in the works in that department though ). I'm really curious to see how a PI bird runs, so we definitely need to get together one way or another.

math > pasta
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yeah, I am interested in how the PI engine runs also. After being adopted by the ricers at SIR, I want to do something with mine maybe

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
PostWhore

Ok, I have to rate a little here,

This ricer mentality has ruined the hobby and sport of all gear heads alike. Why do these 4 cylinder, fart can, grandma shiftin', four door, "Look at my 22's and stickers", "I have a dodge stratus and work at burger king", PUNKS think that because you have the most obnoxious exhaust and a spoiler that resembles a Wright Brothers creation, think that they are the coolest thing that hit the street since NOPI Tuner Vision!?!?!

Whatever happened to good Motorship?! When you hit a red light, and another car stages up next to you and makes an attempt to grab your attention by reving their engine at you, you rev back, and maybe punch off the line a little. But after you've hit the speed limit and its been established what each car is capable of, DONT keep your foot in it and race down the road another 1/4 mile! The ricer mentality has ruined the honor of our sport!

And when your beat, dont act like a whinny 2 year old and speed off in second gear as to prove that your still the victor because your fart can just woke up half the west side of town!

Whatever happened to pulling over and popping the hood!? See whats under the hood, and checking things out?!

Anyway, I've cruised around town the last couple weekends. It used to be at around 9:30 cars would start showing up on the streets, you'd see cars in closed bussiness parking lots parked with their hood up. People actually being apart of the motorsport community! Not acting stupid, not destroying property or breaking laws. Just having fun and meeting new people!

WHAT happend?!

ok, im done...

~MG~

MadGoat's Birds
RIP
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:38 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Ah you guys are not in Phoenix. Well I know I'm not the only one here in Phoenix. I wouldn't mind meeting up with people. As funny as this sounds, I've got work to do in my car. Its more like part collecting for a PI swap, got to buy/find more stuff. I have to take full advantage of any breaks from ASU.

I'm from IL and I noticed the hottest color for imports with fart cannons is the faded black primer look with front air dam falling off for added furious factor. And what is the obsession with stickers on the cars out here. I have seen mostly older guys/ladies who have any sportsmanship at all, regardless of what they drive. I beat 4 bangers with my GM, its sad. Now I think the most obnoxious exhaust is when you know its just a muffler and nothing else, its sounds awful. I'm ranting here too I guess.

and 22's on the 300Cs is getting tired, and exalades too what is with the need to blow the cash on huge wheels? What not poor enough? People want just show and no go in phoenix. Its really lame, its all about the size of your rims. Some guys know their cars and show off too so this isn't a total blanket statement. But seriously BAD taste in cars is more than likely if you're looking at rims instead of repairs or stereo's instead of accident damage. Rant over

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in