flat on I-10 with no exits=no fun - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

flat on I-10 with no exits=no fun

Well, if you ever wondered what it is like to get a flat tire on the stretch of I-10 in Tucson where there are no exits and no shoulder, I can tell you it is no fun.

West bound, right where I-19 comes on, POW a catasrophic flat with the family and junk for a weekend trip in the 00 Grand Marquis.

I had no choice, I have to drive 2-5 mph for alnost 2 miles to a pull out. Friday, holiday weekend no less. I was a sitting duck. I caused a 30 minute backup! It took a wrecker forever to get there, by that time I had the tire cut from the rear axle and the spare on it already, then I had to roast the temp spare on the right rear to try to get back into traffic.

Here is hoping the rest of the weekend goes better. Stopped by a Jack Furriers and got me a new tire and on our way we went!

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to MadGoat Send a message via MSN to MadGoat
WOW!

Well, Im glad to hear everyone is safe! This highway thing is so freakin bad...

Have a good, SAFE, trip!

~MG~

MadGoat's Birds
94 Thunderbird LX 4.6L PI
03 Aluminum PI Engine, J-Mod, Aluminum one piece drive shaft, 3.27's, 2.5" to single 3" custom MagnaFlow exhaust, 07 17x8 Bullit Wheels
97 Thunderbird LX 4.6L V8
RIP
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangster View Post
I then I had to roast the temp spare on the right rear to try to get back into traffic.
and it didnt explode? lol ive done that before in my school parking lot.. lol wasnt fun. took it about 10-15 seconds to just shred completely and explode made a great deal of smoke but im still glad i had that "extra spare" in the trunk

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Tires in AZ are no joke, check your damn pressure. The funny thing is when you wake up the next day your pressure is considered cold but if you wait later in the day you'll notice the heat will expand the pressure. So which temp is correct? I try and do my mine during the day but not driven that day. AZ i think is the number state for tire failure because of improper tire pressure.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Thanks for the advise.

I am anal when it comes to my cars. I check the tires, fluids, bulbs weekly. Anyone else with a 5 year old that know how to go through left signal, right signal, brake, then again with the lights on?

I am pretty sure I ran over something sharp and puncturious.

And I missed the milestone of 123456 miles in it by 2 miles, I took pictures of 111111 (and it happened to be hot that day, so I 111 degrees at 1:11 on the heater controls).

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

I have had a nail in a tire before so its not uncommon. I don't like going more than a few months without checking but lately I've been checking it more often because every summer I see tire remains all over the roads and even ran over a huge tread in my GM and it fcked up my front end. So I don't ever want to be one of those people on the side of the road. Had it happen once in IL, so never again.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:48 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Destructor90 Send a message via MSN to Destructor90 Send a message via Yahoo to Destructor90
Ill Never get a Flat tire....... I have 245/45zr17 Goodyear Runflats Never go flat and can drive on no air pressure for about 100 miles

Your Local Discount Tire Hook Up
1989 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe

Drive Fast, Fly Low, Be Safe
Prick Racing
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Destructor90 Send a message via MSN to Destructor90 Send a message via Yahoo to Destructor90
ooohhh nad just by discount tire they will check them out for free and make sure your air is checked did i forget all AZ members get a 10% discount at discount tire because of me send pm me and ill give ya the deatails

Your Local Discount Tire Hook Up
1989 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe

Drive Fast, Fly Low, Be Safe
Prick Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in