Gauging interest on some parts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Send a message via AIM to StupidFly
Gauging interest on some parts

With any luck I'll be heading to South Korea to teach for a year or two, and the t-bird has got to go. I just don't want to deal with trying to store it for another year or more, especially since it's getting on in years and mileage, and it's really starting to show its age. Market prices for high mileage, hard driven, 16 year old cars aren't that great right now, so there's no way I'll get any reasonable amount out of it. So I'm toying with the idea of parting it out. I'd prefer local for most of the stuff, so I thought I'd gauge the local interest, if any. Here's the highlights of what would be available.

- Complete IRS. Includes: MK8 aluminum diff sporting 3.73s in a trutrak carrier. Aluminum MK8 LCAs with adapters (not currently installed, but will be installed or included as requested), SN95 hub swap, 11.65" rotors (current rotors are powdercoated, slotted and drilled), FastEd caliper bracket, new brake pads will be included, SS brake lines.

- Front spindles, complete. Includes: '93+ spindles, SN95 hubswap, 13" rotors (current rotors same as rear, but at least one side has slight warp), PBR dual piston calipers, silver powdercoated with Tbird logo, SS brake lines, will include new hawk pads.

- '97(?) Cobra 17" wheels. Some curb rash, not showy wheels, but they still look nice if you aren't up close, great for a driver. Current tires don't have much life left in them.

- Koni adjustable shocks. I do not have an exact mileage, but far less than 2 oil changes on them. Front cartridge is currently mounted with Original GP Vogtland springs. I'm willing to sell shocks with or without springs, I also have a set of SC springs I had planned to cut that I can mount, or just include if you wish to cut them as well.

- SC clutch and brake pedal assembly

- 2 '89-'93 SC manual consoles. One black, I believe the other is black top with brown base.

- '94/'95 Cobra intake manifold. Upper is extrude honed, lower has no IAC valve bung. Upper has some wear marks. Comes with BBK 65mm TB, modified with MN12 linkage

- 5.0L MAC shorties. Ceramic coated

- MAC longtubes. I'll post the part number later, but they're the PN used for some of the documented 5.0L longtube swaps (new!)

- JL front and rear shock tower braces

- SCP lower engine cradle brace. NIB, check it out on their website if you want to know more.

- BOC 3g alternator adapter bracket. This was from Lonnie's first run on these after opening BOC. I also have a nice 150 amp alternator and heavy duty positive leade that I can sell with it, lots of miles on it, but still running like a champ.

- MK8 Efan and shroud. Bought this new a couple years ago to replace my old one.

I think that's about it for the goodies. Again this is mostly a feeler, as I don't know exactly when I'll be leaving, and I sorta need to be able to get around before then :p It's also possible that I'll have to leave with less than a month's notice and won't have time to part out, so it may all be a moot point anyway. I'd really rather not separate the pieces any more than I have outlined above. You could pick up a bone stock, high mileage, 4.6L MN12 for cheap, and bolt up all my running gear and chassis bracing, drop in an explorer motor, jmod and a TC, and be hauling butt pretty quick. So get in touch with me if anything catches your eye and we can discuss hypothetical price and when this could/will come to fruition. Again, I'm only really interested in local sales right now, but I'm always willing to drive to meet someone halfway.

Nigel

math > pasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well, first of all, congrats on the job in South Korea, sounds like fun.

Second, I hate to see you part out your car!

Third, I would be in the market for the aluminum diff with 3.73 gears and trac-loc and the aluminum lower arms with the spring perches, but not the entire assembly.

I got a flat and rode a little on my chrome bullit, not visible to the human eye but I know that it happened, and I have been eyeballing those european lipped 18 inch bullits in the 5x4.5 bolt pattern...but a lot would have to happen to be in the market for the rest of the rear for the hub swap and the front hubs (I already have FRPP cobra rotors and the rear brackets and the front Cobra calipers).

I don't know what path I want to take with my 63 Falcon, obviously dropping in a 5.0 HO with the cobra upper and an AOD would make the most sense, but that isn't how I do things

I also don't know what of the chassis bracing works on a 97 4.6.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangster View Post
Well, first of all, congrats on the job in South Korea, sounds like fun.

Second, I hate to see you part out your car!

Third, I would be in the market for the aluminum diff with 3.73 gears and trac-loc and the aluminum lower arms with the spring perches, but not the entire assembly.

I got a flat and rode a little on my chrome bullit, not visible to the human eye but I know that it happened, and I have been eyeballing those european lipped 18 inch bullits in the 5x4.5 bolt pattern...but a lot would have to happen to be in the market for the rest of the rear for the hub swap and the front hubs (I already have FRPP cobra rotors and the rear brackets and the front Cobra calipers).

I don't know what path I want to take with my 63 Falcon, obviously dropping in a 5.0 HO with the cobra upper and an AOD would make the most sense, but that isn't how I do things

I also don't know what of the chassis bracing works on a 97 4.6.

Thanks, job isn't finalized yet, but I have some options, and I'm getting outta the desert again one way or another :p I have mixed feelings about getting rid of or parting it out too, but under the circumstances, I think it makes the most sense. Time will be the main factor I think.

As far as the chassis bracing, it all should work. The RSTB is universal, the FSTB was designed for the 4.6 (I took a chance and tried it on the 5.0L), and the LECB is universal as well.

If this does in fact happen, I don't mind splitting the diff and LCAs from the rest. The rear hubs can go along with the fronts to someone, same with the springs/shocks. I'll be in touch with you if it looks like I'll be able to go this route (commuting and parting your car out don't mix well, but I may come up with a workaround).

Anyone else?

math > pasta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well, depending on how much money you want for it, and how much I can squeeze out of my wife, I have interest in the STBs and LECB as well.

--
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
4th Gear Poster

MAC Longtubes

If they're MAC #9358s, new, unmodified, and NOT ceramic coated, I'm interested. Pics and price to: [email protected]

Also, what would the "wear" be on the Cobra upper intake? Maybe an interest in that as well.

Good luck with the new job!

That is all...

Experience is simply knowing what not to do... and knowing what won't work.
The Car... 324,201 and still goin' strong; Me... I'm NOT a complete idiot - still missing a few parts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
PostSkank

Ok guys, I'm sorry for the big tease. It looks like I'll be starting in Korea in the middle of September, and my car is going to stay intact, and in Bisbee with my folks. No ink yet on the contract, but that has more to do with pending background checks than anything else.

Again, sorry to be such a tease, but thanks for the responses anyway.

math > pasta
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

No worries, good luck with your teaching gig and getting the hell out of the desert!

--

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in