Ecology pull n save questions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Ecology pull n save questions

So I went (December 8th) and wandered around to get an idea of if I would be able to find a tri coat pearl (WR) Cougar or Thunderbird, 94-95 or 96-97. I only found a couple of WZ crystal tri coat Thunderbirds, and no WRs.

How often do they turn over vehicles? Are they there for awhile or like some places around here a couple of weeks then crushed?

I didn't go into the premium area, what Ford vehicles do they have there? I only saw one Lincoln in the regular Ford area, any Mark VIIIs in the premium area, or are they mainly newer stuff?

I didn't know I needed a drivers side door handle for a 97 Mark VIII at the time, and didn't check the Continental to see if the door handle was there. I did buy an interior door handle for my Grand Marquis, I only saw 1 Panther, a few Taurus, and mainly Thunderbirds and Cougars. I might have just been focusing on them, but it seemed to be 75% of the Fords.

I hopefully will be going back with tools the day after Christmas. I am still not sure if I am fixing the 97 Cougar (hood, fender(s), bumper metal/foam/cover, core support, airbags) but I need/want a grille support for 89 Cougar, DPFE and silicone hose for V6 89 Cougar (60 bucks new!), drivers door handle for 97 Mark VIII, standard 93+ brake calipers/mounts (have too many vehicles with Mark VIII/Sport brakes and a set of 15 inch wheels).

If I need to cut off the front of the frame to replace the bumper (as it is welded to the frame) can I do that?

Has anyone ever just bought bolts (I lost every single bolt used to attach the top of an 89 dash to the firewall)?

I have called to get prices on a few things they don't list on their sheet (35-40 for airbags, 15-20 for brake calipers) but I haven't had much luck getting ahold of them regularly, I had to try 10 times to find out price of calipers and if they would sell them.

Are there any other big/good places to get parts for our cars? Ecology does seem like a mecca for the MN12, but I really want to match the paint code as tri coat painting is pretty expensive to get done. I don't care about a minor mismatch or some chips in the paint.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 02:13 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

The one I go to is near downtown phoenix and there is no premium section and they hold their cars for a while couple months at the most. SOmetimes only a couple weeks just depends. If youre wanting bolts they dont care so long as you buy something. They hard ware is meaningless to them they care about what big parts you bought. Bring a cordless saw zall and chop off a core support(Seen that done). Ive seen all kinds of junkyard parts pulls. Ive personally done some jobs myself just dropping rear Ks to the ground for the brackets and watching the whole car shoot up off the springs. Makes me wonder how the front end loader driver likes picking up extra K members when moving the cars.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Yeah, I went to the one at 27th ave (the big red tower). I figured I could chop off the front of the frame rail, some places don't allow that here, somehow they want you to buy whatever it is connected to. I called around and that is why I will end up going 120 miles away to get most of it.

I have had my 89 for 18+ years, the 97 Cougar for 7 years, and the 97 Mark VIII for a week, and I haven't had this many issues, questions, or needed this many parts before, I was pretty lucky I guess until now, but the 2 MN12s are down and the FN10 is needing some attention, I was pretty much used to just driving them and maintenance, and upgrades.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to KJH95
I'm still new to the Phoenix area. What u pull its would you recommend? I'm in Avondale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in