svt thunderbird - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Cool svt thunderbird

I have just purchased a 1996 thunderbird 4.6, I recently got my insurance card and title. On my insurance card it says it is a thunderbird SVT. Needless to say my insurance perm went up. I was woundering if it is really a SVT. I have done countless searches for one but I am unable to find any info. Please let me know! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

no its not and svt. go to your insurance company and tell them they're retards.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
If I remember right, you're not the first one thats happened to. I'm thinking that "SVT" means something in insurance lingo other than "Special Vehicle Team".

At any rate there were only 4 prototype SVT T-birds made, and as far as I know only one of them survives.

See link:SVT Thunderbird

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:49 AM
3rd Gear Poster

I have Geico and mine says the same thing.I don't think it is in insurace lingo,however.My card says "Thunderbird LX/SVT".My Ranger is an XLT model and my card for that says "Ranger XL/XLT".I think it means exactly what it sounds like.With that being said,I know I don't have an SVT Thunderbird,nor does anyone else,but it may have just been entered into their computer that way back in 96 when the proposed car was going to come out and never got corrected.This may be some indication as to how close the car actually got to production.And being that it lists it as "LX/SVT" means that the insurance company sees them as the same model so you are not being charged extra.Explain if they actually told you that it was more for an SVT Thunderbird over an LX Thunderbird or are you just assuming that because you see it on your card.

1996 Thunderbird 4.6 SOHC
Redfire metallic
K&N air filter
Dynomax cat-back exhaust
Best 1/4 mile [email protected] 2.255 60'
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 09:42 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc71
I have Geico and mine says the same thing.... Explain if they actually told you that it was more for an SVT Thunderbird over an LX Thunderbird or are you just assuming that because you see it on your card.
I too have GEICO and it also says SVT. Have you ever talked to them to see if there are any different listings for T-Birds? Maybe I'll call them.

John

'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX, SVT Cobra Rs, 245/50R17 BFG Comp T/A, D-chip
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:15 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaec
I too have GEICO and it also says SVT. Have you ever talked to them to see if there are any different listings for T-Birds? Maybe I'll call them.
I never have called them about it.I just gave them the vin# when I added the Tbird to my policy and didn't notice it until I got my cards.I don't think it matters either way,price wouldn't change.It doesn't bother me enough to call them,besides,my insurance is reasonable on it because I have my truck listed as my primary vehicle.It doesn't hurt either that I am 34 with no accidents on my record ever and have a "safe driver"classification on my license.I haven't had a ticket for a moving violation in over 10 years.(knock on wood!)

1996 Thunderbird 4.6 SOHC
Redfire metallic
K&N air filter
Dynomax cat-back exhaust
Best 1/4 mile [email protected] 2.255 60'
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Destructor90 Send a message via MSN to Destructor90 Send a message via Yahoo to Destructor90
We;; i got a simalir problem with my insurance company... When i got my bird on it they said it was a V8 bird and i called them and told them it was a V6 but i didnt tell them its super charged.....

Your Local Discount Tire Hook Up
1989 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe

Drive Fast, Fly Low, Be Safe
Prick Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in