New bird owner in KY - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

New bird owner in KY

Greetings from Louisville.

I was referred to this section from another thread. I'd very much like to get more info and possibly join up with the KY Chapter.

I have a 97 Thunderbird LX V6. Its that super bright metallic blue color.

I'm in the process of making it road worthy again. If you've read any of my posts in the 3.8 and brake forum, you're aware of my current issues.

I took many automotive classes while in college, I know my way around cars and I'm not afraid of computers or electrical diagnoses. Although I do not yet know these cars specifically, I understand the general EFI and other related computer systems.

I used to manage a restoration bodyshop in Escondido, CA. We did complete frame off-every nut and bolt restorations on mainly 67-72 american muscle cars. My main interest is 68-72 Buick Skylark / GS cars, I was a walking shop manual for these things. While at this shop I learned a ton about the fine art of body work and paint. Although I have never done body work nor have I painted a car, I am familiar with the process and materials and will offer advice whenever its asked for. I did do a lot of finishing work, aka colorsanding and polishing. If you have orange peel that needs to go, I'm your man. And of course, other than running the shops operations I also did all the mechanical work, including full suspension rebuilds, brake assembly/upgrades, complete engine rebuilding (stock and custom), 100% of the vehicle wiring, including custom stereo installations, gauges, etc. A/C conversions, remote door poppers, etc etc etc etc.

I currently work as the sales manager of a used car lot in Louisville. Nothing glamorous but the owner sought me out through friends and made a good offer. And its proving to be quite an adventure.

Thanks

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:23 PM
4th Gear Poster

Wow, you've got some creds... welcome to the forum and welcome to the "KY Chapter." Hit us up if you need anything and if you can, post a link for the post that you've made regarding the issues with your car. We're too lazy to search... or at least I am.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Here's the issues in a nutshell...
Rear brake line (metal) burst. I replaced with new line. Ran out of fluid and haven't got them 100% bled. Waiting for time to work on it again.

MAF is bad. The 2 o2 sensors after cats on downpipes are gone, wires hanging (cut) and holes plugged. Engine idles rough but has power and moves the car well. Sounds like there may be some top end ticks. Stuck lifter, rocker adjustment, something. Haven't looked into it.

Thats where I am with that.

Honetly, I picked up another car that needs no work and I am going to unload the T-bird as I don't have any time to work on it. The body and interior are in pretty good shape, the front bumper has some damage but rest of car is not too bad, paint looks good. Interior is decent. I'm only asking $800 for it.

This is a v8 project waiting to happen.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Brakes are fixed!

Took about 5 minutes of good old fashioned pedal pumping/bleeding.

I really like how these cars handle.

Now... If I could only get the engine to rebuild itself....

Dan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Haha... Just when I was getting used to the idea of owning this car, I sold it!

I have a funny feeling it won't be my last T-bird though. I really really liked the way the car handled.

Dan
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
8 days, maybe keep the next one longer. I suggest a v8 car or a SC.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

I work at a used car lot, so selling it was fairly easy....
Next one would be a v8.

Wonder if anyone's ever put a 3.8l Buick GN turbo engine in one of these... Or is that not allowed???

Dan
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs69350 View Post

Wonder if anyone's ever put a 3.8l Buick GN turbo engine in one of these... Or is that not allowed???

Dan
Well... seeing that it's not a GM engine... hmmmm...

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in