Motor for Marvintpa? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Motor for Marvintpa?

I see you found a Mark motor for your's. Congrats. What year did you wind up getting? Hows the swap going? Still waiting to start mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 06:31 PM
3rd Gear Poster

the motor in a 97 mark engine with 49K on it. i paid a little much, but it has a year warranty, ans it has everything fron the throttle body to the exhaust manifolds, so 1150 isn't TOO bad, i guess. the swap is looking good. haven't started it yet, but i got two guys (my father and his partner in his boat repair business) much smarter than me doing all the hard stuff. tune in the mail, RPM switch in the mail for the electronic imrcs, planning on just chopping up the exhaust manifolds to fit, and driving it open headered to the nearest exhaust shop and having them connect it. and crossing my fingers that everything else just works. but i'm driving my grandparent's clk430 untill it's all done, so we're not rushing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 02:55 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
Glad to see the both of you working toward driving the MN12's once again...Once you two get the bugs worked all out then lets have a meet down at COX Park!!

I've had my SuperCoupe down at Automotion for 2 weeks now, their finally putting together my CUSTOM front mount InterCooler. They started off totally on the wrong foot, but after several trips down there, they have manged to mock up the lower section of piping exactly the way I wanted and actually 2day working on mocking up the upper section. Can wait to see it finished and will post up pic's as soon as I get it back.

Good job guys on locating you MKVIII motors!!

Jeff

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
3rd Gear Poster

tune and switch arrived, so everything is in town and the swap is starting this week. but we noticed the intake manifold is cracked, called greenleaf ( where i got the engine) and it's not warranteed but they are looking for one anyway. looked at pull-a-part and nothing. so, anyone know of a dohc intake manifold that's available?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Well im suppose to start the tear down of the mark next weekend. We plan on using the mark harness and the ECU and just flash tune as we need to. We're also using the coil on plug design,transmission,driveshaft,rear diff,both front and back disc brakes, and every part of the whole suspension except for the air ride. By the time we get it in and get it tuned it will have around 330 hp. I'll keep everyone informed as it goes. Another meet soundsgood. Hopefully it will be done by then. Good luck on the front mount and good luck on the motor.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvintpa View Post
so, anyone know of a dohc intake manifold that's available?
Check on www.louisvillemustangs.net - if no one has one they can surely find one for you. You'll also have to excuse the language on there.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

This weekend was clean-up weekend. We pulled the mark in front of the shop and took the pressure washer to it. Simple green is actually a very good engine degreaser. Motor looks brand new. Afterwards we decided to turn off the traction control and re-pave the parking lot. Since everything is getting pulled next weekend figured we'll let the mark do one final tire shredding,concrete chewing,smoke belching burnout. Let me tell ya, them marks can lay down a brake torque like a mo-fo.Later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in