April 16th, Cox's Park Meet Official Thread - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 1997T-Bird Send a message via Yahoo to 1997T-Bird
April 16th, Cox's Park Meet Official Thread

Who: Mainly Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VIII, and Crown Vic owners, others are of course welcomed, no discriminating here

When: April 16th, 2005 (Saturday)

Where: Cox's Park, Louisville, KY

Why: Why not?

How: Stay tuned for directions from I-65 AND Lexington this week!!

NOTE: Are we still going to have food and stuff? Personally, since this is the first time I'm going to vote no, because we need to see who is FOR REAL about showing up.

Input is always welcomed!!!

John

Currently: 2004 Honda Civic Ex 5 Speed
17X7 BSA Wheels - 215/45/17 Falkens; Complete JL System; Magnaflow Catback; Lowered 1.4"

Last Car:
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Rims with Kelley 255/45/17s;Steeda U/Ds; B&M Transmissoin Cooler; Dirtyd0g's custom 2800 Stall Torque Converter; J-Mod Kit installed by Dirtyd0g; SCT Tuned by Darrin; Lowered with Spring Tech Springs

Want great work done on your tranny? Have dirtyd0g do it! He made a believer out of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Cox Park? Why aren't you guys coming down to FFW in Commerce, GA?

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 06:53 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
I'm still in.........

^^ The weather in Louisville is finally behaving the way it's suppose too!! and Hope to see everyone that has said they were coming, and hope maybe we can make this an annual event as well. Something like a beginning to all the summer car events/shows. Anywho..... see you guys and gal (April) there.

Oh... April said something about getting together around 1:30 to 2pm? I like that idea as well. What do the rest of you guys think eh?

1997T-bird: Did you get many inquires from the Louisville Mustang club members to attend? Curious is all.... like I said above, I think if we can get a good turn out the 16th then we can all decide if we could do this every year around the same time!?

We all will have to be on our best behavior though, cause right across the street there is a small police post O'well! maybe they well like our cars and who knows!!

Quote:
96bird: Cox Park? Why aren't you guys coming down to FFW in Commerce, GA?
What is that, like 5 to 6 hour drive from Kentucky? Too long of a drive for me this early in the season. Sounds fun though and all of us here in Kentucky appreciate the invite dude. Who knows one of us may............

Thanks!
Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Poster

Count me in HALF way!

I'll have to beg the wife.

I do beleive I'm coming to the Mustang meet 4-9-05. Yea, I told the wife we could go shopping, HEA HEA HEA. Hook line and sink!!

yea....I guess I'll take her shopping
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Poster

By the way!
Don't forget to let the Indiana boys know!
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I'll be at that Mustang meet for a short while, I turn 20 on 4-9-2005.

No luck yet on any Stang owners, but I'll keep you updated...

17X7 BSA Wheels - 215/45/17 Falkens; Complete JL System; Magnaflow Catback; Lowered 1.4"

Last Car:
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Rims with Kelley 255/45/17s;Steeda U/Ds; B&M Transmissoin Cooler; Dirtyd0g's custom 2800 Stall Torque Converter; J-Mod Kit installed by Dirtyd0g; SCT Tuned by Darrin; Lowered with Spring Tech Springs

Want great work done on your tranny? Have dirtyd0g do it! He made a believer out of me!
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 08:32 AM
6th Gear Poster

I will be there. Looking forward to it. I think that the food should be held off till next year since we still we don't know who's coming yet. I'll probaley get there around 2:00. I can bring my digi for some pics.

Don't leave us hanging local guys and that includes Indiana guys to and it's not just birds. Anyone with 4 wheels and a motor can come.

Post up if your planning on coming so we can know who to expect.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Im going, but if there is food, I will have to buy something, you would not want to eat my cooking.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
6th Gear Poster

Well, me bringing the bird is not looking very good. I was driving it around today and it started knocking and idling rough. We think it might be a rod. Not good at all. Really pisses me off that I just got my tranny fixed and now this. I was really looking forward to show season this year and now I may not be able to take my car. I will still come to the meet, I just don't know if my bird will make it though. I'll keep you all updated.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 07:02 PM
4th Gear Poster

April, This really bites!! I feel your pain. I wish you the best in locating the problem and your bird a speedy recovery.

you still have two weeks to get it fixed and rolling.... anyways GOOD LUCK!

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I can't wait to see Jeff's SC..

I love SCs

Sucks April... Hope things get fixed

Last Car:

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
6th Gear Poster

We have pretty much determined that it's a rod. There's only one thing that could not make it the rod. Since I've just had the tranny rebuilt, we think that maybe the torque converter bolts may not be torqued correctly and that may be whats causing the knocking. I'm taking it tomorrow and the tranny guy is gonna check it just to make sure. If it's a rod then I will sell the engine and tranny and drop a 5.0(not sure yet). I will not rebuild that engine. It's just not worth it. I'll keep you guys updated. If I can't bring my bird then I will bring the SVTC or maybe Freddy's truck. Jeff I don't think you have seen it since it's been done. Quite a change.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchick94
If I can't bring my bird then I will bring the SVTC or maybe Freddy's truck. Jeff I don't think you have seen it since it's been done. Quite a change.
Yea, I remember the Contour, or are you talking about Freddie's Truck?... maroon in color on the Contour, and Orange on the truck, right? Well, you know something, I hope it is one or so of your bolts in the torque converter just hit the flange plate, but I believe if it is doing that, than you should be hearing a totally different sound. I think you and Freddie are on the right track the idea of it being a rod/piston. Also it is wise decision on the V8 swap if that is the problem with your V6.

Anyways...... Best of Luck April, Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bratton
Yea, I remember the Contour, or are you talking about Freddie's Truck?... maroon in color on the Contour, and Orange on the truck, right? Well, you know something, I hope it is one or so of your bolts in the torque converter just hit the flange plate, but I believe if it is doing that, than you should be hearing a totally different sound. I think you and Freddie are on the right track the idea of it being a rod/piston. Also it is wise decision on the V8 swap if that is the problem with your V6.

Anyways...... Best of Luck April, Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Jeff B.
The contour is silver and the truck is raspberry metallic. It's kinda bittersweet. I've been wanting to do an engine swap for a while but never had the money. I still don't now. I don't wanna put the money out but then I do want the engine.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
4th Gear Poster

I don't think I will have my trunk repainted by then but I will still be there for a quick visit. I think I may have to work later on that night so I'll need to get some sleep.

I think John is the only one that knows but someone put a pretty good mar from a key on my trunk lid. My buddy with a body shop quoted me about $225 for the whole trunk and two quarters. He said something about tricoat or something of that nature - all foreign language to me.

But I'm assuming that I'll be the only oriental there - he he. I'll bring my rickshaw so I can pull you guys around the park for those who have never been to Louisville.

BTW, John. Whatever came of a Dynotune day? Just wondering. Allan

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:13 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
I think John is the only one that knows but someone put a pretty good mar from a key on my trunk lid. My buddy with a body shop quoted me about $225 for the whole trunk and two quarters. He said something about tricoat or something of that nature - all foreign language to me.

What color do you have? Tri coat is three different colors. Mine is pearl. It's a tri coat(white, pearl, clear).

I could probaley drive my car but I wanna try to keep the engine in the best shape I can because I plan on selling it along with the tranny. Freddy said that I could drive his truck. I don't know yet. I guess you all will find out when I pull in there.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 05:40 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
What color do you have? Tri coat is three different colors. Mine is pearl. It's a tri coat(white, pearl, clear).
That would be the color of mine - Pearl Opalescent.
Quote:
I could probaley drive my car but I wanna try to keep the engine in the best shape I can because I plan on selling it along with the tranny
How far are you coming from? If you're in Louisville just don't race anyone on the way out to the meet.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 09:31 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd

How far are you coming from? If you're in Louisville just don't race anyone on the way out to the meet.
I'm in mt. washington. About a 45minute drive. Ill see whats up. Never know what I might show up in.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I remember about that keying / paint damage.. that would of made me SOoooooooooooo mad.

Allan, I think sometime in June would be best for the dyno day at Automotion, I want to go somewhere where the car can be tuned accordingly, but I'm considering getting and SCT chip w/ 03 GT MAF and other goodies.. So I may just get a dyno to find out the RWHP and nothing more..

John

Glad to hear your coming still Allan.

Last Car:

post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Hey, right now the weather report is sunny about 68. Sounds like good show weather to me. Hopefully itll stay that way.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Tbird
Allan, I think sometime in June would be best for the dyno day at Automotion, I want to go somewhere where the car can be tuned accordingly, but I'm considering getting and SCT chip w/ 03 GT MAF and other goodies.. So I may just get a dyno to find out the RWHP and nothing more..

John
Where is this Automotion Dyno?

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ