ECU tuning - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

ECU tuning

Does anyone know any place that custom tunes our ECU's around here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Boom.

http://www.blueovalchips.com

That's Lonnie's website, he is the EEC Tuning Mod on this forum and a great guy to deal with for tuning.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
ECU Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINTHUNDER
A friend of mine said there was a SCT dealer here in town somewhere? But not sure where.... said something bout STALL RACING? Have not heard of it!! They most be NEW.

We should look into this MORE cause I want to Tune my SC badly. I'm running RICH, according to my recent DYNO.

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I am up in Indianapolis and I don't know if thats close enough. I don't have a dyno yet though. I like to tune with a wideband on the road or at the track. I think its a lot better for daily drivability. There is a dyno nearby if you want the "numbers", but I don't work with him.
If you want a mail order tune, you can't do better than with Lonnie.

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 04:24 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINTHNDER
"To anyone insterested"
HEY.... did some searching and found the following. Blankenship Tuning and Performance out of Crestwood, Lee is his name. He works at TRI-County Ford as a mechcanic, but does the tuning on the side. He is the only SCT dealer around here, me and a friend called him and meet up with him and chatted for around an hour. Nice Guy! his cost for a chip is $300 plus $50 per/hour on tuning. So where ever you take your Bird for dynotime; add their cost and that is what the approx. cost would be.

Number is: 502.548.6318

BTW...Asked him about discounting; say if we had a small group for a dynotune..... he said YES, he could do something for us.

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 07:35 AM
4th Gear Poster

Not trying to jack the thread but I like what Jeff looked into. I remember when John was looking into getting a group together for a tune. Who else is interested in a "group" tune? I'd be in. Well, actually I'll wait until after I get my converter and Jmod from Dirtydog in.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 11:59 AM
4th Gear Poster

A friend and I went down to Auto-Motion (between Clay Street and Broadway) in in Louisville to check out the dyno and pricing and simply the shop. All I can say is.... MY GOD! what a awesome looking place, the dyno is in ground and tuning rate for them is $100 a hour; 3 pulls each, and she, yes I said she... Cindy is who runs the Dyno. said they would do a group rate for 6 to 16 cars, 6 being the min.

She even said that we could have our mini meet down here at the shop. Plenty of chairs, hugh table, nice showroom, things to purchase!!, catalogs, simply just hang out here and learn from her and her asst.

Cindy is a hugh Mustang fan.... and was into the race scene years back.

Floor is as clean as it can be. Very nice place. I told her about some of us who may be interested in the tuning, and she knows this guy that I mentioned in the above post about Lee Blankenship - SCT Tuning. This is where Lee brings his cleints most of the time but will go where you want.

Just thought I would let you guys know, incase some may not have known about Auto-motion's Dyno and shop. I believe I have heard the place mentioned from one of you guys but Thought I would share my find to all.

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ