What's NEW.....? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
What's NEW.....?

Just thought I would start a thread to find if anyone had installed any NEW Go-Fast, or any Mod's for that matter. (Future or past)

PIC's would be nice to share if Available!

I'll start, but I have no pic's yet,

1. Changed all my pulley's on my tensioner's to Anodized RED one's From Heartland Fab. out of Mo.

2. Bought as of now, 2 Radiator Hose clamps (upper only, so far) in RED from PI-thon. Dresses the hose up very nice..... no more worm clamps. Ugly!!!

3. SOLD my A/C Delete Pulley & Bracket and went to a shorter Dayco Belt. Cleans up Engine Compartment nicely.

4. Got rid of that ugly fadded factory Washer Fluid Res. and put in the one from the late models in the front bumper area. More room in Engine Compartment as will. Purchased from Junkyard!!

5. Modified the Stainless Radiator Dress Up panel that I had to make #4. excessable. Purchased 2 years ago from Magnum Powers.

6. Come Spring of 06, having my SC totally repainted, all dent, rust removed, etc... To be done by a guy recommended to me, name is Rick Moulton I think?? Anyways he paints out of his Nice hugh Garage for a living. He specializes in Black Paint jobs too

7. After SC is painted, then I'm purchasing NEW Chrome inserts from SS Inserts to fill in my 'THUNDERBIRD SC' lettering in Rear Bumper Cover. Nice Look with the Black Paint, I think!

8. If I have any more $... hehe! I'm wanting to go with bigger Front barkes from KVR. They will be the late model 11.57" ones, will be cross drilled/slotted.

9. Hopefully the SCT Chip, and have it tuned to finish it off for next years Mod's.

I'll probably stop there for next year.... wanting to find a cheap Ford Explorer from 90-93 or a Bronco II from 88-89, either has be be a 4WD, (A most) Auto if possible.

So Who is next??????????

Jeff B.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:47 AM
4th Gear Poster

No new mods but I did hit the dragstrip for the first time with Embassy. I posted my times in the racing section but for the lazy and curious here are my best and worst run respectively.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 10:34 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Arrow

Sounds like you'll be busy, Jeff.

Unherd doesn't know it yet, but he is getting the at least the j-mod soon.

I am having dirtyd0g help me install PI cams this coming weekend. Perhaps I'll even snag a PI intake before then.

After that, I'd like to install Magnaflows to give the Vic a little bit of rumble.

My real goal is then having a custom converter installed and having the SCT chip re-burned and dyno-tuned. We'll see if time and funds allow for such things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 02:50 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Unherd doesn't know it yet, but he is getting the at least the j-mod soon.
You wanna bet that I don't know? He he. If it's any mod that'll be next for me, it's that one.

Quote:
My real goal is then having a custom converter installed and having the SCT chip re-burned and dyno-tuned. We'll see if time and funds allow for such things.
This is gonna sound like a newb question, but what's the purpose of having the car dyno-tuned if you're gonna have a chip burned? I would've figured that the chip would already do all the tweaking to the engine.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
You wanna bet that I don't know? He he. If it's any mod that'll be next for me, it's that one.
Excellent.

Quote:
This is gonna sound like a newb question, but what's the purpose of having the car dyno-tuned if you're gonna have a chip burned? I would've figured that the chip would already do all the tweaking to the engine.

I could be wrong, but I believe they'll use the dyno to gather all the info needed ( ie: shiftpoints) to reburn the chip and really "fine-tune" everything. Plus, I am curious to know what the Vic is now putting down in power.

We'll have to meet up after this Saturday and see if you notice any difference w/my Vic.

Last edited by Embassy; 11-14-2005 at 05:03 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
We'll have to meet up after this Saturday and see if you notice any difference w/my Vic.
At the track? If so, I won't be in my 'bird - I'll be in the G35.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 04:58 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
At the track? If so, I won't be in my 'bird - I'll be in the G35.

I meant meeting up somewhere in our area.

Let me know what the G35 does at the track.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Veteran Poster

Nothing lately. Getting ready to install 4.10 gears and maybe try a little weight reduction. Any tips?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 AM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
well i am almost done with mine, its about time, i keep getting slowed down by parts, bolts, work, school, bolts, yes i know i said bolts twice, but motor, tranny, ds, gas tank, rear-end are all back in, i will try to take pics tomarrow, but i sorta doubt i will have time.

96 pearl white 4.6 tbird: rebuilt npi block with pi heads, pi intake, crower stage 2 cams, shm high lift springs, L-MAF, 3.73's, marauder converter, jmod, kooks headers, xpipe, no cats, 2.5 in exhaust, no mufflers, a dyno tune, lots of interior work, 1 in drop with lots of new bushings, 18 in rims. 279 hp 319 tq. curently running 13.9 at 101 mph with a 2.1 60 time in 100 degree weather while having some nasty spark knock. Soon to have higher stall, aftermarket intake manifold, weight reduction, and hopefully a nice shot of the giggle gas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in