Any updates? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Question Any updates?

It's quiet in here.

Any updates on winter projects/repairs on members' vehicles?

I've recently installed PI cams and a PI intake. I'll be installing a tach (Vics do not have one) and a voltometer soon.

Also, anyone planning to go to the Valley when it opens?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:52 AM
4th Gear Poster

Warlockguitar has finally finished his winter project and it's a nice little monster. I'm hoping to see him run at the valley or at some kind of meet.

I wanna go to the valley so bad when it opens in March - I can't wait. I'm gonna make Melinda run her Infiniti while I run my bird. But I doubt that there will be enough driver error on her part that would allow me to have a win if I run against her. It should be somewhat close though because ever since I tuned the 'bird up, she's been running like she should.

I should be easily in the high nines now.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
update on my car, i hit a telephone pole goin about 25 and it bent my bumber support into my radiator and it has a very small leak so i need a new one, my hood is smashed up, my bumper cover is barely scratched, but i will be gettin taxes back soon and i am hopin that my dad will let me spend it on gettin a scp cowl hood with the 2 scoops, but i think it will be goin back to stock. i will post pics later when i get the chord for my digi camera. Also where is the valley? i will try to go there one night but i have never heard of it.

96 pearl white 4.6 tbird: rebuilt npi block with pi heads, pi intake, crower stage 2 cams, shm high lift springs, L-MAF, 3.73's, marauder converter, jmod, kooks headers, xpipe, no cats, 2.5 in exhaust, no mufflers, a dyno tune, lots of interior work, 1 in drop with lots of new bushings, 18 in rims. 279 hp 319 tq. curently running 13.9 at 101 mph with a 2.1 60 time in 100 degree weather while having some nasty spark knock. Soon to have higher stall, aftermarket intake manifold, weight reduction, and hopefully a nice shot of the giggle gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
None yet, waiting on the taxes to come in yet. Was planning on painting my SC, but now going for the NEW Magnum Powers 3rd Gen. SC and some other little add on's to help the new MPIII get it's full benefits. Then off to the dyno for a major need of a chip and tune!!

Jeff B.

BTW - We should gather ideas again for a gathering this April, early May for a Mini Meet. Maybe something down at Automotion's Dyno this time and following maybe the park again (Cox's Park)

HEY APRIL -
Are You and The Bird going to be in the Carl Casper Auto Show Next Week?

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Glad to hear that everyone's been busy with their 'Birds.

Here's a link to my A-pillar gauge installation:

Click.

I'll update it as things progress.

Unherd, what all did you do to the T-Bird? We need a rematch.

Also, I volunteer to either drive your T-Bird or the Infiniti if Melinda declines.

Warlock, sorry to hear about the accident. I guess it could have been worse.

Here's the Valley's website:
http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/

It is off of Dixie Hwy.

Jeff, keep us posted on the dyno results.

Finally, a meet does sound good in the upcoming months.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 AM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Unherd, what all did you do to the T-Bird? We need a rematch.

Also, I volunteer to either drive your T-Bird or the Infiniti if Melinda declines.
Just did a minor tune up. Fuel filter, plugs, oil change (went back to synthetic), cleaned MAF, cleaned injectors, Seafoam and a computer reset. It's running like it should be running now.

Why do we need a rematch, you proved that once you quit spinning halfway down the track you can beat me. It shouldn't be much of a match.

However, I do think it may be a driver's race with the wife's car and your car taking into consideration the recent mods you've done. It's gonna be interesting indeed. I know Melinda's car has a low 9.3 in it though. And I know the bird has a high 9.8 with a stronger launch.

What's gonna be a bummer is that the track opens on a Saturday. Probably gonna be packed unlike Wednesdays - I like making a bunch of runs.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:09 AM
4th Gear Poster

Hey Steve, I was tooling around in your pics and I came across these and I ganked them - to put them on here. I forgot you took pics - so cool to see my car at the track. Thanks. BTW, I hope you don't mind that I ganked..... I mean commandeered the pics. Seeing that we're talking about the track and all.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
Just did a minor tune up. Fuel filter, plugs, oil change (went back to synthetic), cleaned MAF, cleaned injectors, Seafoam and a computer reset. It's running like it should be running now.
Oh ok. I did most of that when I when dirtyd0g was helping me install the PI cams. Having a lift made changing the fuel filter a breeze.

Quote:
Why do we need a rematch, you proved that once you quit spinning halfway down the track you can beat me. It shouldn't be much of a match.

It was a close race still and if nothing else, it will be fun.

Quote:
However, I do think it may be a driver's race with the wife's car and your car taking into consideration the recent mods you've done. It's gonna be interesting indeed. I know Melinda's car has a low 9.3 in it though. And I know the bird has a high 9.8 with a stronger launch.
I am up for it.

Quote:
What's gonna be a bummer is that the track opens on a Saturday. Probably gonna be packed unlike Wednesdays - I like making a bunch of runs.
It probably will be crowded the first couple of weeks. Once the track opens, we can coordinate our schedules and meet up.

I agree, Wednesdays are the best times to go.

Thanks for putting up the pics.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 PM
4th Gear Poster

Thanks for posting up the pic's .... Looks like it was a fun day at the track guys.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
4th Gear Poster

Jeff, are you gonna be able to run this year?

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 AM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
i will be running alot this year, i hafta hit 12's NA this year, i wont be happy till i do, i keep hearing that my stall isn't enough, but i cant afford a new stall converter. i think it is time for my car to go on a diet, i lowered it an inch and i dont mind takin it back to stock for an extra 2 tenths or so.

96 pearl white 4.6 tbird: rebuilt npi block with pi heads, pi intake, crower stage 2 cams, shm high lift springs, L-MAF, 3.73's, marauder converter, jmod, kooks headers, xpipe, no cats, 2.5 in exhaust, no mufflers, a dyno tune, lots of interior work, 1 in drop with lots of new bushings, 18 in rims. 279 hp 319 tq. curently running 13.9 at 101 mph with a 2.1 60 time in 100 degree weather while having some nasty spark knock. Soon to have higher stall, aftermarket intake manifold, weight reduction, and hopefully a nice shot of the giggle gas.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
Jeff, are you gonna be able to run this year?
I would like to see what it'll do after I do my mod's and tune for this year. Have never been to a track period, just up in the stands only. I figure I'd be in the mid 13's w/300 horses. I'm just guessing though. My tranny(AOD) slips in OD, but pulls real good in 1st - drive.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Check out My SuperCoupe
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
I would like to see what it'll do after I do my mod's and tune for this year. Have never been to a track period, just up in the stands only. I figure I'd be in the mid 13's w/300 horses. I'm just guessing though. My tranny(AOD) slips in OD, but pulls real good in 1st - drive.
Believe me, I know firsthand about waiting so long before actually running at the track. I didn't think I'd ever have a car "good enough" to run but once I actually just showed up - it was an absolute blast! I owe Embassy's tenacity to that.

When we start going, we will let you know and force you to show up. We bet you too will have fun.

And don't worry about your tranny slipping in OD, you shouldn't be able to get out of third by the time you hit the lights.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:00 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
will be running alot this year, i hafta hit 12's NA this year, i wont be happy till i do, i keep hearing that my stall isn't enough, but i cant afford a new stall converter. i think it is time for my car to go on a diet, i lowered it an inch and i dont mind takin it back to stock for an extra 2 tenths or so.
Warlockguitarman, man I bet that thing is going to be dirty! Can't wait to see what it'll do.

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
6th Gear Poster

Wow...i've been out of the loop. Sorry I didn't get back to you Jeff. I ended up being put on standby this year for caspers and I didn't try to get in because I didn't really feel like it this year. Right now I currently have my bird up for sale. Freddy and I are ready to start a family and I won't have the time or money for it anymore. Plus we need to pay off some debt. EWWWWWW. Good to talk to everyone. I would love to make it to a meet. Probaley won't come to the dyno but I will come afterward.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
well i have most all of the parts for my car to be fixed so soon i will be gettin to the tracks, i wish this nice weather would hold up here.

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:44 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderchick94
Wow...i've been out of the loop. Sorry I didn't get back to you Jeff. I ended up being put on standby this year for caspers and I didn't try to get in because I didn't really feel like it this year. Right now I currently have my bird up for sale. Freddy and I are ready to start a family and I won't have the time or money for it anymore. Plus we need to pay off some debt. EWWWWWW. Good to talk to everyone. I would love to make it to a meet. Probaley won't come to the dyno but I will come afterward.
April..... went to the show and did not see you there, so I figured it out.. hehe. Saw a 84' red elan model I beleive, but no other birds I think.

Well I hate to hear that you may be selling the Bird April, on the otherhand; I understand about the family thing/ money issues all to well. Good Luck and hope to see you this upcoming season.

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ