Dyno Meet - July 8th. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Exclamation Dyno Meet - July 8th.

A local dyno shop, in Clarksville, IN, is having a dyno day special.

You get 3 runs for $35 and air/fuel metering for just $10 more. I believe the typical cost around here is $50+ for dyno tuning.

From the shop's post on a local forum:

Quote:
Please CALL ME to reserve a timeslot for our Grand Opening / Dyno Day, on July 8th and 9th (Saturday and Sunday).

Saturday July 8th timeslots will be as follows:
1st - 10:00am
2nd - 10:30am
3rd - 11:00am
4th - 11:30am
....and so on, until 5pm EDT.

Sunday July 9th timeslots will be as follows:
1st - 1:00pm
2nd - 1:30pm
3rd - 2:00pm
4th - 2:30pm
...and so on, until whenever.

Contact Info: Phone me at 502-299-1567 between 11am-9pm EDT Monday-Friday, or 1pm-8pm Saturday-Sunday. You can also email me ([email protected]) to request a timeslot, but I can currently only check my email in the evenings. So the phone-in appointments will have the best chance of getting their preferred timeslot.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

* Pricing will be $35 for 3 pulls. You will receive a print-out of all 3 pulls, showing your rwhp and rwtq. If you would also like to know your Air Fuel Ratio, we can hook up the wideband O2 for an extra $10. It will then be shown on each dyno sheet as well. We will allow approximately 3 minutes between pulls for cool down. Any changes you would like to make must be completed within those 3 minutes. If you need more time, we will also be scheduling additional dyno time at another date.

** To keep things running smooth and quick, we will only be accepting CASH during the dyno event.

*** Please be on time. With the turnout we expect, will not be able to wait. If you miss your appointment time, it will be up for grabs. If you do miss your appointment, we will try to work you in at the end of the day. If we are ahead of schedule, we will welcome any last minute people the same deal, $35 for 3 pulls.

Ask to speak with Rob.

I am scheduled for noon on Saturday and Unherd might also be coming. Furthermore, I am trying to arrange for some Crown Vics to be at the meet.

Who's interested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
Damn!! I be on Vacation out of town that Weekend. That sounds like a great deal too.

I will call him to find out what the Fee's will be after that weekend. Always Glad to see a New Dyno place come available.

EDIT: Just called... His name is Rob, and website is being built as we speak at http://www.ups-parts.com/ (It'll be totally working SOON) Keep Checking back!

Located at the OLD S&S Powersports Honda building near MARSHALL's Junkyard, if your Fimilar with that Location.

Excellent Find EMBASSY.... THANK YOU! He Told me they do all sorts of Customizing/ sell parts ETC....

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]

Powered By Magnum Powers MPIII & other Bolt-On's

Check out My SuperCoupe

Last edited by Jeff Bratton; 06-19-2006 at 07:55 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bratton
Damn!! I be on Vacation out of town that Weekend. That sounds like a great deal too.

I will call him to find out what the Fee's will be after that weekend. Always Glad to see a New Dyno place come available.

EDIT: Just called... His name is Rob, and website is being built as we speak at http://www.ups-parts.com/ (It'll be totally working SOON) Keep Checking back!

Located at the OLD S&S Powersports Honda building near MARSHALL's Junkyard, if your Fimilar with that Location.

Excellent Find EMBASSY.... THANK YOU! He Told me they do all sorts of Customizing/ sell parts ETC....

You're welcome. I've always heard good things about Rob in the local auto community.

Wish you could make it.

So, who else will be joining me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 AM
4th Gear Poster

Well, I was planning on going but I have a car I have to tint that morning.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Exclamation

Update:

Quote:
First of all, I want to thank everyone for the HUGE response we've gotten! It has literally been overwhelming!!

However, for several reasons, I have had to make some changes to both our Dyno Day dates, and our Grand Opening date. Our building is apparently located in an "uninhabited" part of Clarksville or something. We can't get cable modem, or DSL, and we also had a really hard time just getting someone who could provide the needed phone lines and T1 service. Problem is, we won't have phones or internet until the guaranteed date of 7-17-06. Though they said that they would try their best to have us up and running by 7-12-06. With no phone lines, this also means we won't be able to very easily process credit cards (though we could call them in for verbal authorizations). For this reason, we are going to move our Grand Opening day up to July 17th, and have an ENTIRE WEEK of Grand Opening SPECIALS!!! (Monday July 17th through Sunday July 23rd)

The problem with the Dyno Day is a actually both a good and bad problem. We had originally made an agreement to Lease a Mustang Dyno locally, but after careful consideration, we decided that we would be better off to buy our own. So as of today, we have placed an order for a BRAND NEW Mustang Dyno, Gladiator Series. The Gladiator is the newest Dyno that Mustang offers. It has all of the latest software, including A/F, Boost input, 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 miles runs accurate to within 1/10th of a second!! The Gladiator series reads to 1000rwhp (which is approx 1200rwhp on a DynoJet), as opposed to the Dyno we were getting, which only read to 900rwhp.

The biggest problem is that these Dyno's are Built to Order. Mustang's current build time is 4-6 weeks. This unfortunately means that we will have to reschedule the Dyno Day. I don't want to set another date until we know for sure when it will be here. But as soon as I know, I'll post up the info in a new thread. I would estimate that it will be around the 1st or 2nd week of August.

Here's a little more good news: Since we are delaying the Dyno Day, as an extra incentive, we will offer the 3 pulls for $35 (as originally offered), but we also include FREE Air/Fuel Readings as well (originally $10 extra).
At least we can all plan that far in ahead to attend.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jeff Bratton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embassy
At least we can all plan that far in ahead to attend.
Right ON! My friend and I just went up to visit Rob's New place. It's slow going, but he'll have a HUGH showroom and where the dyno is going to be placed is in the rear section of the bldg. and is just every bigger of an area. Will be awesome to attend when he opens up. I'm excited.... Meet Rob and he's good buddy Shane, I beleive that is he buddy's name, but they both seem to be (2) great individuals to do future business with.

Embassy.... he was telling us both about the internet issues, phones, and the NEW DYNO, etc. as well so, I have given Rob my name and phone to add to his already hugh list of names for the Dyno, except I'll be doing mine off on the side cause I have decided that he will be doing my tuning on my SC BIRD. I even talked with him in little detail about having them build me a total custom Front Mount intercooler for me too.

I even mentioned to him about your police interceptor Crown Vic and he remembers talking to ya, so that Cool!

Sounds like it'll be fun!!

Jeff

'89 Black SuperCoupe
Louisville, Ky.

260 RWHP / 349 RWTQ

Email me: [email protected]