US 60 1/8 mile track rental. 9-23-06 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up US 60 1/8 mile track rental. 9-23-06

That's right. A local Mustang forum is once again renting out the local 1/8 mile track.

For those who have never been to a track rental, you'll be able to get more track passes than you ever could at a typical Test n' Tune night at the track. We'll have the track to ourselves for most of the day.

For those who have never taken their full-size Ford down the track, this is your perfect opportunity since you'll get many, many runs to practice and learn.

Now the details.

When: Sept 23, 2006

Where: US 60, Hardinsburg, KY

Website.

Price: $10-15 car (That's a steal!)

From the Mustang forum:

Quote:
We will have a full staff on hand, minus concession. We are wanting this to be mostly domestics but all makes and models are welcome to attend. We will be having mostly heads up racing/grudge matches. I will be checking with our sponsors to see if they are interested in providing a few trophies for maybe a 2V vs. 4V, Mod vs. Pushrod shootout and possibly a few other classes as well. We will also be checking with US 60 to see if we can stay for free for their regular program that night or if we have to pay the normal entrance fee.
To the out-of-towners, I can recommend a hotel for those wanting to stay over the night before. We can all go out for dinner that night and the evening after a day of racing.

Those who have attended in the past have had a blast.

With the event several months away, this should allow all of us time to put this in our schedule. Let's have a large full-size Ford turnout.

Please post in this thread who might be able to join me.

Update:

It looks like the full-size Fords will be well-represented.

For the out-of-towners, I realize the track can be a little difficult to locate on a map.

Every year, the organizers have met up that morning at a nearby Meijers and we all convoyed from there to the track.

If for some reason, they decide not to do that, I will have all of us meet at that Meijers that morning and convoy in together.

Meijer
9905 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY 40272
(502) 995-2101

For those running late, I'll post more specific directions to the track.

Last edited by Embassy; 07-14-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
4th Gear Poster

Got your message. Grudge match is definitely on.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" - Isaiah 54:17
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
ill try to be there, i hope jeff can make it cause that will be a good grudge match.

96 pearl white 4.6 tbird: rebuilt npi block with pi heads, pi intake, crower stage 2 cams, shm high lift springs, L-MAF, 3.73's, marauder converter, jmod, kooks headers, xpipe, no cats, 2.5 in exhaust, no mufflers, a dyno tune, lots of interior work, 1 in drop with lots of new bushings, 18 in rims. 279 hp 319 tq. curently running 13.9 at 101 mph with a 2.1 60 time in 100 degree weather while having some nasty spark knock. Soon to have higher stall, aftermarket intake manifold, weight reduction, and hopefully a nice shot of the giggle gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
Got your message. Grudge match is definitely on.

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Hopefully, the Vic will be paying a visit to Dirtyd0g before the showdown.

Warlock, glad to hear you can make it and I hope Jeff can too.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:10 AM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Warlockguitarman Send a message via Yahoo to Warlockguitarman
i dunno if i will make it now because i got a dui and i am dropin insurance for a few months, but i am goin to my 1/8th track today, i will post results later.

96 pearl white 4.6 tbird: rebuilt npi block with pi heads, pi intake, crower stage 2 cams, shm high lift springs, L-MAF, 3.73's, marauder converter, jmod, kooks headers, xpipe, no cats, 2.5 in exhaust, no mufflers, a dyno tune, lots of interior work, 1 in drop with lots of new bushings, 18 in rims. 279 hp 319 tq. curently running 13.9 at 101 mph with a 2.1 60 time in 100 degree weather while having some nasty spark knock. Soon to have higher stall, aftermarket intake manifold, weight reduction, and hopefully a nice shot of the giggle gas.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Well, you guys are getting closer to the west side of the state. I may be able to make it, but it would not be worth running my car.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:02 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightevergreenfrost
Well, you guys are getting closer to the west side of the state. I may be able to make it, but it would not be worth running my car.
Why not? My car is stock and I'm going to run. It's just a blast to run down the track, that's why I'm going. You should at least consider it.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
well this weekend will be the last weekend i will drive my car untill spring of next year so i am determined to go to beech bend or at least windy hollow so i can get some times before she goes into storage, im so depressed, but on the bright side when it comes back out i will have some giggle gas to hopefully hit high 11's in the 1/4.
but when is beech bend open for racing on friday or saturday????

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unherd
Why not? My car is stock and I'm going to run. It's just a blast to run down the track, that's why I'm going. You should at least consider it.
Agreed. There will be several stock Vics and Grand Marquis running.

As Unherd said, stock or not, there is just something fun about running down a track.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 11:40 PM
4th Gear Poster

Well... I don't know if I'll be attending this great event afterall. There is a conference that is going to be in town that I've been planning to attend since March of this year. Seems this happens quite a bit.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Exclamation Track rental is a no-go!

I just learned that the Mustang forum that is organizing the event is cancelling for reasons beyond their control.

They are scrambling to keep this thing scheduled as planned but I just wanted to issue an FYI.

I'll keep everyone posted.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Thumbs down

From the Mustang website:

Quote:
Well i am sorry to say this guys but the track rental is officially off. If you havent been paying attention to the other threads......the owner of the track found out how many cars were going to be there and wanted to raise the price on us. I have tried to contact him to say we can work with his price because i believe we could have enough cars to cover it but he wont call me back. So unfortuantly it is off. I am going to try to get something together for this spring. Sorry everyone.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
Well, look at it this way. Its going to rain, so it would not have happened anyway.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in