LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Cool Traveling TM in New Orleans

Hi guys,

Anybody down on the Bayou want to meet?

The traveling TM is tentatively scheduled to be in New Orleans, Louisiana starting around October 20 for a few weeks of work. I'm flying into and out of the New Orleans airport and will probably have a hotel room near the airport.

I haven't been to New Orleans since right after Katrina hit. I'm interested to see how the city has or hasn't changed since then...

As always, reply here or send me a PM if you're interested in meeting.
Cheers.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 10-03-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Update for 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Bump.

First post updated with new travel info.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Boost!!!

ya followin me? heh heh i live about 2 hrs northeast of new orleans now... i live in sunset la now... give me a shout when ya get here, and maybe we can set up something.

Blake

1996 thunderbird lx (the silver slut)
http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=387

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by modularbird View Post
ya followin me? heh heh i live about 2 hrs northeast of new orleans now... i live in sunset la now... give me a shout when ya get here, and maybe we can set up something.
LOL Yea, I'm following you!

I didn't know you moved! Yea, I'll give you a shout and we'll see if we can work something out. Sunset is a pretty good haul from New Orleans thought. I might be able to meet you in Baton Rouge. We'll see ...

Anybody else up for a meet in LA?

I just got an update on that job it looks like I'll be in LA around the 20th now instead of the 13th. (Job got pushed back a week.)

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 10-03-2012 at 01:43 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Due to delays on my current assignment I won't be travling on Friday but Monday.

Sooo ... with upgrade confirmed would anyone like to join me for a drink when I land?

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 10-20-2012 at 07:49 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 08:42 PM
4th Gear Poster

Ok I hate you!! How do you get upgraded to first class? Lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
LOL

How to get upgraded:

1. Fly - A LOT!
  • So far this year I've flown 5,489 miles and 10 segments with USAir and 36,663 miles and 20 segments with Delta.
2. Have Preferred "Status" with the airline - Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Chairman's, Admiral, etc. - The higher your "status" the better your chances of getting upgraded.
  • I'm Silver with USAir and Delta airlines. I hope to reach Gold with Delta soon.
3. Book your flight on a plane that has a lot of available seats in 1st to ensure your greatest chance of getting upgraded.

Even then it's a crap shoot since those with higher "status" have priority over you; and I've also recently discovered that pilots have priority over everyone when they're flying from one location to another either for work or traveling home. It's one of the perks of the Pilots Union. So if there are unsold seats available in 1st they have first dibs on them before anyone else.

There are other ways to get upgraded or earn miles such as getting the airlines credit card and/or paying an annual fee. But I do it the old fashined way with butt time in the seat like the true road warriors of old. I'm not known as the "Professional Traveling Trunk Monkey" for nothing ...

Sometimes I feel like Ryan Bingham from Up in the Air bouncing from city to city ...

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 10-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 PM
4th Gear Poster

Ok I like you're style.. Lol I fly a lot some times five or six flights a day, unfortunately I usually jump from them!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Ok I like you're style.. Lol I fly a lot some times five or six flights a day, unfortunately I usually jump from them!
Thanks.

Nothing wrong with jumping from aircraft, I was Airborne too. What a thrill that is ... I miss it! I'm jealous of you!

I always laughed when people asked me "How can you jump from a perfectly good aircraft?" I always replied that there is no such animal as a "perfectly good aircraft."

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
4th Gear Poster

So how is the big easy treating you?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Pretty busy right now. I did go down the the Quarter on Sunday. The city is a lot more full of people now than it was when I was here last time (right after Katrina). It was interesting to drive around and see how the city has recovered since 2005. This is my first time back to NOLA since then.

Anyway, I'll be off this Sunday if you'd like to come visit me in the Big Easy.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM
4th Gear Poster

I hear ya it has recovered well to bad it's still a ****hole, I would stop in but I'm gonna be stuck in jersey for a while. I plan to look some of you n/c guys up on my way home though.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Super Moderator

Garage
Oh that's right you're in Jersey. Yea, I hope to catch you later this month if you swing through NC on your way home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in