Delta Region SCCA presents
Points Event #4: "Way Back When" Autocross
June 5th, 2005
Belle Chasse Naval Air Station, Belle Chasse, LA
This month's Event commemorates the old 1955 Racing Program that member
Damon Cuccia found on the internet
). Back then, SCCA Club Racing was allowed on Belle Chasse, and the
names listed in the book represent the original members of this club (Delta
Region was founded in 1954). While many of the runways used in 1955 have
long since been overrun with vegetation, we've designed this month's course
to use parts of the intersections to incorporate sweepers that would have
been on that old road course. Considering that Delta Region is cohosting an
SCCA sanctioned Club Race (first time in decades) down at NPR later this
month, this course is quite fitting.
here for a PDF (2.7Mb)
(course subject to change)
- 8:30am-9:30am: Registration and Tech
- 9:30am-9:45am: Driver's Meeting, Novice Walkthrough
- 10:00am: First Car Out
- SCCA Members: $20
- Non-SCCA Members: $25
- Military Personnel: $10
- Spectators: free
Concession will be open all day. Hot dogs, chips, water and soft drinks are
- The Navy graciously lets Delta Region autocross at their base, provided
we follow their rules. Drivers and Spectators are allowed to pass through
the back gate, but must be on the base access list. You can get on the list
if you pre-register for the event online. Spectators and guests can be added
to your entry. If you think you might make it, go ahead and register to be
on the list, just in case. You must be pre-registered by 9:00pm Thursday,
- Access to the base will be through the rear gate only. Drivers won't be
allowed through the front gate. The rear gate is open from 6:00 am - 9:30
am, 11:00 am -1:00 pm, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. You cannot enter or leave the base
during any other time.
- Don't wander around the Base. We're allowed passage too and from the
autocross site. The speed limit at the autocross site is 5mph (except on the
track, of course).
- Vehicles may be subject to search by Soldiers With Guns. Don't argue...
Sometimes they just want to check out your car.
- No firearms are permitted on Base. No, we won't bail you out either.
Pre-register at http://www.delta-scca.org/05_registration.htm
(Official Message Board for Delta Region SCCA)
(check online for latest information)
- Jun. 21 Delta Board Meeting/General Meeting
- Jun. 24-25 SCCA Club Racing at No Problem Raceway Bella Rose, LA
- Jul. 10 Delta Region Points Autocross #5 Belle Chase, LA
- Jul. 24 TLAC 3 Cajun Field, Lafayette, LA (tentative)