Local Exhaust shop? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Local Exhaust shop?

Well i've just got my custom tru duals done. 2.5". Great job, no rattles.
Where does/did/will anyone else get work done.
I had mine done in Labiediville at M&K Muffler. Ill post pics next time i get my oil change done.

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:55 PM

I haven't touched mine since I lived out in Las Vegas. It's on my list of things to do though, it just keeps getting further and further down with all of these basic replacements I have to keep doing. Where is Labiediville, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?
I know Paddycake down here in the Greater New Orleans area knows a lot of specialty shops. Whenever I need something, I usually just ask him where to go.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Bird
I haven't touched mine since I lived out in Las Vegas. It's on my list of things to do though, it just keeps getting further and further down with all of these basic replacements I have to keep doing. Where is Labiediville, and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back?
I know Paddycake down here in the Greater New Orleans area knows a lot of specialty shops. Whenever I need something, I usually just ask him where to go.

If you've ever been to No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, you werent all that far from the shop. Its between Belle Rose and Thibodaux on Highway 1, moreso closer to Belle Rose. Maybe like 15 mins from the track. The install took alil longer because of the 2.5" pipes under the tank, price was $290 thats including [email protected]$7.00 flanges(i want to be able to drop tranny w/o having to pull entire exhaust) I bought my own Magnaflow 14386 from www.exhaustproslincoln.com which site doesnt seem to be working right now. Im sure for 2.25 it would be alil less headache. I went there because I have a friend who owned an exhaust shop at one time, and i wanted someone i knew could do it right and not cause any probs.

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITT-BIRD
If you've ever been to No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, you werent all that far from the shop. Its between Belle Rose and Thibodaux on Highway 1, moreso closer to Belle Rose. Maybe like 15 mins from the track. The install took alil longer because of the 2.5" pipes under the tank, price was $290 thats including [email protected]$7.00 flanges(i want to be able to drop tranny w/o having to pull entire exhaust) I bought my own Magnaflow 14386 from www.exhaustproslincoln.com which site doesnt seem to be working right now. Im sure for 2.25 it would be alil less headache. I went there because I have a friend who owned an exhaust shop at one time, and i wanted someone i knew could do it right and not cause any probs.
That's a real nice price and yeah I think I have an idea about where it is. I was planning a similar idea with being able to remove sections if needed. So how is the quality? Would you recommend the place to others? Thanks for the help!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
That's a real nice price and yeah I think I have an idea about where it is. I was planning a similar idea with being able to remove sections if needed. So how is the quality? Would you recommend the place to others? Thanks for the help!
Yes it thought so too about the price, but this was just the install for $290 which included flanges. I bought the ss muffler for $90 or so. Quality is really good ... no vibrations or rattles. Hangers in several positions. One thing is that pipes look parallel with bottom of car. I had some pics of Traveler's edit (not Racecougar's) system and he said it seemed the section right to rear of pumpkin seemed to droop, mine comes straight and level. My friend that owned a muffler shop recommended him to me bc he knows that Karl has been doing this for a very long time. I am recommending M&K. Owner, Karl, will be doing the custom work, not one of his underlings.

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Programmed by SCT Xcal2

Last edited by ITT-BIRD; 06-07-2005 at 02:58 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yes it thought so too about the price, but this was just the install for $290 which included flanges. I bought the ss muffler for $90 or so. Quality is really good ... no vibrations or rattles. Hangers in several positions. One thing is that pipes look parallel with bottom of car. I had some pics of Racecougars system and he said it seemed the section right to rear of pumpkin seemed to droop, mine comes straight and level. My friend that owned a muffler shop recommended him to me bc he knows that Karl has been doing this for a very long time. I am recommending M&K. Owner, Karl, will be doing the custom work, not one of his underlings.
Well hopefully soon enough Karl will have another happy customer. One last question, you said the $290 was for just the install, but did that include the piping as well? I see you purchased the muffler seperatley, just curious about everything else.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Well hopefully soon enough Karl will have another happy customer. One last question, you said the $290 was for just the install, but did that include the piping as well? I see you purchased the muffler seperatley, just curious about everything else.
Oh yes that was piping too. sorry forgot about that .... Basically i went there with magnaflow 14386 still wrapped in plastic. had him reuse my 3.5"x24" ss tip (which had to be cleaned from old piping) He had everything else there that was needed; flanges, gaskets, bolts/nuts, pipes etc... even had other mufflers if i didnt have my own. He did all the work.

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Oh yes that was piping too. sorry forgot about that .... Basically i went there with magnaflow 14386 still wrapped in plastic. had him reuse my 3.5"x24" ss tip (which had to be cleaned from old piping) He had everything else there that was needed; flanges, gaskets, bolts/nuts, pipes etc... even had other mufflers if i didnt have my own. He did all the work.
Thanks for the help. Hopefully within the next 6 months or so I will be paying him a visit.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Contact Dan's Muffler shop in Slidell. He did my 2.5" dual for 300! Great work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in