SO long to my car - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

SO long to my car

It's stuck in NOLA and Im in Shreveport. All you guys GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how good she looks. No matter how cool she is about your "stuff". No matter how great she is in bed, someone somewhere is sick of her crap.

1995 850R with 18T, 3" downpipe, R.I.P. kit, ported intake,42lb injectors, N/A cams, 960 throttlebody, Rica tune(15psi in first and second 17psi in third and fourth). Bilsteins all around, V70R caliper and rotor upgrade, total lack of traction. IPD STB, Ultra Racing lower braces and RSTB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:23 AM

Be safe man!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:34 AM
PostWhore

Well Im staying ... we are in a strong area, high ground, brick, double roof, roof re-enforced with steel structuring.
I really just got back home from work so i didnt have much planning time.

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

I'll be selling whatevers left of my car after the storm I guess. I have a deal on a 13 sec SC so Im going to pick it up.

No matter how good she looks. No matter how cool she is about your "stuff". No matter how great she is in bed, someone somewhere is sick of her crap.

1995 850R with 18T, 3" downpipe, R.I.P. kit, ported intake,42lb injectors, N/A cams, 960 throttlebody, Rica tune(15psi in first and second 17psi in third and fourth). Bilsteins all around, V70R caliper and rotor upgrade, total lack of traction. IPD STB, Ultra Racing lower braces and RSTB.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITT-BIRD
Well Im staying ... we are in a strong area, high ground, brick, double roof, roof re-enforced with steel structuring.
I really just got back home from work so i didnt have much planning time.
Sounds like a strong structure, but hope you can with stand being under 20 to 30 ft. of water. So unless you're already 20 above sea level, I'd be very concerned. You also have to be concerned about all the debris that gets smashed into your dwellling. Unless you have a generator, you probably won't have any power for a couple of weeks at least.

The wind around the eye wall of the storm is equivilant to an F-3 tornado. The reason bldg's get destroyed in a tornado is due to all the air pressure outside the dwelling being suddenly sucked away and all the air pressure inside the bldg blows out.

Hope you don't take a direct hit, this storm has hurricane force winds extending 190 miles out from the eye.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

-Rick-
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 03:59 PM
PostWhore

Thanks ... Im worried that a few places that my friends and family lives at wont make. They are leaving/left already ... but i have one knuckle head that i need to talk into getting somewhere safer.
Water where im at wont be a problem. If my where i live goes under... so will 90% of houma. and our entire compound is built at least an additional 8' above surrounding neighborhood.

If i need a gen ill go get one of my dads.

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 04:19 PM

If I were in your shoes I'd be finding a way to get my baby outta there.... No stupid government law officials would be able to stop that...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
well all you be safe... I'll be praying for you guys. Even us North Carolinians are worried about you guys (well I'm really a texan I just live in NC) Be safe. Those who are staying anyway.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Big-D

Well most of us know by now that the Gulf Coast in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama have been hit hard by Hurricane Katrina.

New Orleans and the majority of a wide surrounding area have suffered a multitude of problems beyond that of the storm itself. Much are without the resources to continue to stay in the area... communication is minimal at best.

Please let us know that you have evacuated the area and are safe and where you are or plan to be until it's safe to return.

God Bless

DFW / HOUSTON
Please contact the current Tx Chapter Director Speed95 for All Texas Chapter business
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to chris g
all us in ms are worried bout the LA crew hope you guys are ok. and made it through the storm ok. chris in ms checkin in on ya. god bless!

COLD AIR INTAKE, MN12 PERFORMANCE FRONT SUSPENSION KIT, SILVER PAINTED AVS WINDOW GUARDS, SILVER PAINTED DASH PANELS, 28% MIRROR TINTED WINDOWS, SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES 2'' DROP, TRUE BENDS CUSTOM 2.5'' TRUE DUAL EXHAUST. 2nd generation SC wheels.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:53 AM

Hey guys, just found this thread. So far it has been a very long two months that has taken me all across LA, MS, TX and even up to Kansas City and Omaha. My work has relocated to Baton Rouge and hopefully in another 3 weeks we will be able to return home. My apartment was on the third floor and survived without any damage.

My son, his mom, and their entire family used to stay in the 9th Ward, not anymore! They lost everything and have been relocated to Georgia permanently through the Red Cross. That's the hardest part for me, explaining why I can't be there all the time and now missing Halloween. That was something me and him used to do every year. My soon to be fiancee has been moved to Nebraska and it is easy to just feel lonely after losing what you held closest.

Everybody out there, just count your blessings and remember how fortunate you are. Make sure to hug your loved ones and next time your kid wants to do something and you have a killer headache or are tired, just do it anyway. You never know what tomorrow brings.

On an upside, the T-Bird made it out with me and through countless miles and hours of traffic, she has held up without a hitch! (Running to knock on wood) God I love this car!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
well good to hear about your car... sorry about your kid and your g/f... Well good luck on the proposal man I'm sure its all going to work out. So git r done

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Man U just need to come up north. PS AS I type this it's snowing...... we gots work here and plenty o peeps who are friendly.
Where in Ga did your son and family get relocated to? I have some friends in ATL who might be able to check in on em and help em out from time to time if they are local( say within 50 miles).
PS My new birdy is totally different than my Cat. Where the 4.6(5.2) is soft down low the 5.0 bird has it all over untill about 3500 where it starts to fall off, course its mostly stock(yah I know I told myself that I wouldn't tear into it that lasted about a week).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in