TCCoA Forums banner

KC Meet June 23-25

1K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Melon 
#1 ·
Hotel: Best Western on Noland Rd.
4048 South Lynn Court Drive
Independence, MO
Phone Number: 816-254-0100

It's about 4 miles from KCIR - for those that was at the first couple meets in KC, it's in the same area, just closer to the track.

10 double rooms @ $65.00 per night
Must call to get this rate by May 23rd or the rooms will be released. There is a wedding that same weekend.

Reservation Code: COUPE CLUB must say this to get the rate!

Misc notes: Roomside parking, conteniental breakfast

Also, Click here for the thread at SCCoA.

-Melon

And yes - I realize the hotel and track are in MO, but for some people - it's still fairly close :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll be there :D

#5 ·
Jason, get your car fixed and be there!!! I wanna see that canary.

-Joel

#7 ·
Melon said:
We're going to the track on Saturday, but if your in the area - come and hang out. It's pretty much just some MN12 guys getting together and having a good time.

-Melon
Will everyone be hanging out at the hotel parking lot? or at the track?

#11 ·
Hey, I just found out that on the same weekend there is a Mustang & Ford show and swap meet in Overland Park. Might be worth cruising over and looking.

Presented by the Vintage Mustang Club of KC

Its June 24th at the Metcalf South Shopping Mall 95th and Metcalf, Overland Park KS.

Registration is 8am-10am, Show is 10am-4pm. If anyone is interested pm me and I'll send or post some more info.

#13 ·
i MIGHT BE PURSWADED TO RUN god speed if i get the master cylinder done. I want to see how slow he is as well as traveler. I know travler is acouple of tenth's faster but i can cut .530 to 600 light's pretty consitently. This is my home track. How mutch is it to race if i do. and what time on saturday are you meeting

#15 ·
I took off the 23rd to the 25th, but can't afford to stay. I'll probably just be there saturday. I might race even though my car is basically bone stock, or just for fun go once. I'll probably just sit around and drink beer, (I can't lose at that)lol

#16 ·
I'm completely stock, plus a bunch of heavy stuff, so I'm sure I wont be anything to be impressed by in the 1/4. My car just looks better than all of yours' haha :D I will be there friday night, then most likely again on saturday. Sunday I have some things to do so I doubt I'll be around. Whats the story with the track? How much does it cost, do we have it rented, etc. Is all I need to run a helmet? Where do I find a cheap one? Now I just need to rip out the cluster one more time and fix that gauge face and the plastic front, wash and detail, and I'll be ready. Time to go to the junk yard!

-Joel

#17 ·
GODSPEED said:
I'm completely stock so I'm sure I wont be anything to be impressed by in the 1/4.
I'll race you with my stock V6... you know, that same V6 that you saw/experience when you came to get the hood :D

No the track isn't rented. Not sure on cost or where to get a cheap helmet, but I'm fairly certain you'll need one. Someone else actually has the track Saturday, but they are open to others coming to race, or atleast that's what I was told.

-Melon

#18 ·
Melon,

Hey, if I remember correctly that ain't so stock! Haha, you just wait though, I'm hoping by this time next year to have a little different setup. It'll be nice to run though, just for the hell of it. I guess I need to track down a helmet, I think they have some at walmart...haha.

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK OUT MY PARTS THREAD!
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=75902

I can bring any or all of this stuff to the meet, either day.

-Joel

#19 ·
Intake, exhaust, and pullies... I swear :D

And I've got a helmet that will be in my car. Don't remember if it's still good under NHRA rules or not - I haven't been racing in over a year.

-Melon

#23 ·
Well bud, Melon's V-6 is not a sissy mustang or very slow bird. You have to race now so I can see the look on your face when he hands you your @$$!
:D

-Joel

#24 ·
thunderbird96 said:
v6 are for sissy mustangs and very slow birds
Let's go brotha :D If my 'Bird shows up on a trailer, and I can get a pair of DR's (not sure how these tires will work at the track) I'll race ya for sure. If I drive it down, the race is still a possibilty - just depends on the weather. Joel has an idea what my 'Bird can do :D

You might wanna take a peak at my signature - I noticed you dyno numbers are 182/265 from your V8... Mine are 266/326 out of my V6 :D Not trying to be a dick or anything - just save some potential humiliation when your beating by a car with two less cylinders.

-Melon

#25 · (Edited)
thunderbird96 said:
traveler you can crash at my house i have a guest bedroom.
I appreciate that, but my folks have a nice place in Lee's Summit, and if I didn't stop and visit I would NOT hear the end of it. Might even get my nephew and/or dad to come with me.

I could use a helmet though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.