Mark VIII Brakes - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
Mark VIII Brakes

Anyone interested? FREE for the fronts but you have to take the spindles with you, it's still all assembled. The spindles have a chunk of control arm on them too. Posting in here because I will NOT ship. I'm in Clawson, between Troy and Royal Oak. Can pick up here or I work in Southfield at 12 and telegraph and 696 and northwestern highway so you could pick them up there too.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.

Last edited by 4 Cam Bird; 10-13-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
4th Gear Poster

I might, let me check the info about them and get back.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM
4th Gear Poster

Sorry, I only have 15" wheels right now. I might not upgrade those anytime soon. Looking for PBR.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Ok, that's cool, sold the wheels off the car a while back so I can't help you there.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Anyone interested if they're free? Come get them. They're really just in my way. I don't care what you do with them. If you might use them someday, they're the right price. If you're planning on a trip to the scrap metal yard, they're the right price. If you need calipers for ANYTHING, there's two here to turn in for the core. And if you are just planning a trip to the scrap yard, I've got some other junk I'd send with you to add a little to your weight too. but the real deal here is, FREE Mark VIII brakes, just come get them. PM me and I will give you my number and address if you want them.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I'm interested. I work in Madison Heights and could pick them up on my lunch 11:15am to 12pm. Or after work at 3:15pm. Give me a call. I'll PM you a number.

My FURYfell flat and DIED!
SLEDGEHAMMER II
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to T-bird_fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Cam Bird View Post
Anyone interested if they're free? Come get them. They're really just in my way. I don't care what you do with them. If you might use them someday, they're the right price. If you're planning on a trip to the scrap metal yard, they're the right price. If you need calipers for ANYTHING, there's two here to turn in for the core. And if you are just planning a trip to the scrap yard, I've got some other junk I'd send with you to add a little to your weight too. but the real deal here is, FREE Mark VIII brakes, just come get them. PM me and I will give you my number and address if you want them.

So what did you end up replacing the old brakes with?

J-Mod, MMC D/S, 24k gvw Tranny Cooler, Mark VIII TC,13” KVR Frt brakes, FRPP 3.73 rear, PI cams & Intake plus P&P NPI heads with the cooling mod, 1 3/8" Rr swaybar.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I parted out the whole car, I was really just planning on taking the spindle assemblies to the scrap yard with the cut up shell of the car but I didn't have room in my truck. There were a few things I couldn't fit, I put them on the curb with the garbage and some scrapper guy came and snagged that stuff. $860 for the car, drove it 2 hours home, sold $1187 and counting in parts and scrap metal off it and the engine is sitting in my Torino

2011 CTS-V Wagon

Last edited by 4 Cam Bird; 10-17-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in